|Vacancy Open to||All Candidates|
|Working Title||Research Associate|
|Position Designation||EHRA Non-Faculty|
|Employment Type||Time Limited - Full-time|
|Months per Year||12|
Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
|Hours per week||40|
|Department||College of Engineering (Col)|
|Primary Purpose of Department||
The mission of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at UNC Charlotte is to develop human and intellectual resources in all disciplines of Electrical and Computer Engineering and their applications in order to foster technological, economic, and social growth in the Charlotte region, the State of North Carolina, and beyond.
|Primary Purpose of Position||
Providing day-to-day leadership and coordination for large research projects in the area of building science and technology. The researcher will be expected to make day-to-day and strategic research decisions and is expected to be added as co-principle investigator. The researcher is expected to lead the development of research articles and work with the supervisor in developing the strategic direction of the research plan.
|Summary of Position Responsibilities||
The candidate will be responsible for leading day-to-day research activities for multiple projects in the area of building energy research and building science. The candidate is expected to lead such activities with only high-level strategic guidance from the supervisor on a weekly basis. Specifically this means:
- The candidate is expected to coordinate and lead research meetings with project partners (both internal and external).
- The candidate will be independently responsible for coordinating and approving the design and implementation of all data collection and analysis activities.
- The candidate is expected to work with the supervisor to develop the direction of the research plan.
- The candidate will be responsible for independently leading the development of major research publications for both journals and conferences.
- The candidate will be responsible for independently directing the actions of a multi-person internal research group with minimal guidance from the supervisor.
M.S. in any field of engineering or Masters of Architecture.
|Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience||
-PhD in any field of engineering or an affiliated discipline is preferred.
-The candidate must display a knowledge of data analysis and how it applies in the field of building systems. The candidate must understand appropriate sensors and technologies.
-Examples of previous conference and journal publications is preferred, particularly if associated with building energy performance.
|Special Notes to Applicants||
Applicants will be reviewed upon receipt
The finalist is subject to a criminal background check.
|Posting Open Date||06/20/2017|
|Posting Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Proposed Hire Date||07/01/2017|
|If time-limited please indicate appointment end date||06/20/2018|
Regional Recruiter (For North And South Carolina), Office Of Undergraduate Admissions, University of Tennessee, United States, about 5 hours ago
Regional Recruiter (for North and South Carolina), Office of Undergraduate Admissions - 1800000070 Description The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville invi...