Research Assistant - West Lafayette - Biological Sciences(Job Number: 1800224)
Perform general management of an aquatic disease ecology lab. Assist with experiments investigating the ecology of infectious diseases in freshwater systems. Manage Daphnia and algal colonies. Conduct field sampling of lakes and wetlands. Advise and supervise undergraduate students concerning research.
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences or related field.
- Some prior research experience in ecology, biology, environmental science or related field.
- Familiarity with word processing and data management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Valid US or Canadian driver's license.
- Experience working in freshwater systems or infectious disease.
- Experience designing experiments in freshwater systems.
- Experience with sterile techniques and using quantitative-PCR to detect pathogens.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan .
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.