Office of Research
The Research Applications Programmer is expected to work within a standards-based collaborative team environment to contribute code, provide technical support and development expertise to the e-compliance system for both the Lawrence and KU Medical campuses. Different skill sets may be emphasized as dictated by current priorities requiring the incumbent to be adaptable and flexible. The incumbent is also expected to take every opportunity to advance skill sets in areas that are critical to the organizations, especially web-based application development. Effective communication with peers, other campus service providers/data sources, and management is essential to assure timely, well-documented results.
40% Develops code, maintains, and supports software, applications, and websites that support research administration independently or as a member of a small standards-based team. Continuously seeks methods for automation, efficiency, and security conscious development. Researches solutions to development and production problems or as specified by the functional needs of the project and contribute to project needs as well as maintain a broader view of the KU environment. Learns the key business areas supported by the software, and interacts with business partners to understand relevant processes.
20% Production support for eCompliance.
10% Contributes expertise to developing technical strategies for various research administration initiatives and applications
10% Ensures deliverables meet relevant standards and architecture in a team culture of code walk through
5% Communicates frequently with the Unit Manager and provides status updates and knowledge to clients and peers
5% Other related duties as assigned
Associates degree and four years of relevant experience. Relevant experience needs to include the following:
- Programming experience; Object-oriented, multi-threaded, n-tier programming in a modern language/environment (.Net, C#, Java, C++)
- Database access technology and database programming; SQL, SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft Server components: IIS, SQL Server, Windows Server OS, ASP, .Net
- Web application development technologies; HTML, XML, Ajax
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical teams, business partners, and management including excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Experience with Microsoft development environment (Visual Studio, VSS, VSTS)
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills, with a record of being flexible, accurate, detail-oriented, reliable and self-motivated.
- Experience producing technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in learning new technical skills
- Experience using version control system.
- Familiarity with KBOR conflict of interest and federal IRB regulations.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the following: PeopleSoft HR, PeopleSoft Financials, HIPAA, CITI.
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
In addition to the online application, the following documents are required to be considered for this position:
1. A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
2. Resume or curriculum vitae.
3. Contact information for three professional references.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Deadline for applications is Sunday, August 26th.
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Monday- Friday; 8 hours
Occasional night and weekend hours as needed.
Conditions of Employment
Contingent on Funding
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Kansas, United States, about 2 months ago
The Department of Mathematics, University of Kansas invites applications for a non-tenure-track, Visiting Assistant Professor (Teaching Postdoctoral Fellow) expected to begin as early as January 1...