- Job Type: Support Staff - Non-Union
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The Department of Ophthalmology is seeking a Research Aide who will be working in an experimental genetics laboratory with duties primarily at the Manhattanville campus. The laboratory focuses on the genetics, pathophysiology and neurobiology of glaucoma. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, highly motivated self-starter. Responsibilities will primarily involve maintenance of mouse colonies, clinical assessment of disease phenotypes, and physiologic measurements.
- General mouse colony maintenance through selecting appropriate mice for mating and weaning.
- Organize and implement mouse genetics through animal husbandry, including genotyping.
- Ocular phenotype assays of mice including but not limited to: intraocular pressure measurement, outflow capacity measurements, anterior chamber examination, retinal photography, electroretinography, and optical coherence tomography.
- Image acquisition, processing, and analysis using Image J or other common imaging software.
- Perform tests, experiments, and/or procedures following a detailed protocol.
- Close communication with supervising research scientists, post-doctoral scientists, and graduate students regarding mouse colony maintenance.
- Depending on experience, abilities, and interest there is the possibility of additional specific projects
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, biological sciences, or related discipline.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, which may include occasional weekend work.
- Ability to interact in a professional, positive manner to advance the goals of the research program.
- The ideal candidate will have education in molecular biology and genetics.
- Experience with mouse husbandry, genetics, and/or physiology is desirable but not required.
- Previous experience in a laboratory environment is strongly preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Biology Of Cancer Metastasis, National Institutes of Health, United States, 1 day ago
Position Description: Two post-doctoral positions are available in the Gruss Lipper Biophotonics Center and its Integrated Imaging Program under the supervision of Drs. John Condeelis, David Enten...
Associate Director Of Admissions Operations, Fairleigh Dickinson University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Posting Details Job Title: Associate Director of Admissions Operations Campus: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ Department: Admissions, Central Processing-Metro Hiring Manager: Coleen Curtis Hirin...
Marketing Strategist, Yeshiva University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Position Summary: The Marketing Strategist will develop and maintain an effective public relations and marketing program for The Shevet Glaubach Center for Career Strategy and Professional Develop...
Equine Licensed Veterinary Technician (Position Located In Long Island), Cornell University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage indiv...
Customer Service Rep Cornell Ruffian Equine Specialists (Position Located In Elmont, Ny), Cornell University, United States, 13 days ago
Who we are and what we do: Cornell University Hospital for Animals (CUHA) provides leadership in patient care, education, clinical investigation, and scientific innovation and is one of the finest...
Director, Communications Cornell Tech, Nyc, Cornell University, United States, 9 days ago
The Director of Communications leads branding, design, digital, editorial, messaging and public relations efforts at Cornell Tech, working closely with academic and administrative leadership. The ...