Research Advancement Manager
The School of Manufacturing Systems and Networks (MSN) is seeking a talented individual to join the team and support the advancement of critical research initiatives. MSN is a new school in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering and is helping to discover and solve innovative technical issues that are transforming the manufacturing industry. This position will aid in promoting and advancing meaningful research and will be responsible for building the new research advancement team at MSN.
The Research Advancement Manager (RAM) position is essential within MSN. The RAM is responsible for integrating research support services within the school and is the primary contact for any significant pre- and post-award concerns. The RAM leads and directs the planning, training, and implementation of administrative and operational initiatives pertaining to research administration. The RAM assists with metric development and oversees staff management.
This is a higher-career track position (Level 4 of 6) with opportunities to increase complexity based on job performance.
Working at ASU has additional perks and outstanding benefits, which include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members, state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities; and more. To estimate the value of your total compensation, please visit https://cfo.asu.edu/compensation-estimator .
Engineering will consider a relocation stipend for candidates on a case-by-case basis.
Sch of MFG Systems & Networks
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$66,000 - $80,000 per year; DOE
- Responsible for development, preparation, and submission of research proposals.
- Administrative resource to investigators, provides guidance and counsel during development and proposal submission.
- Assists with post submission action items requested by the sponsor such as just-in-time requests, revised budgets, scope of work changes, and additional certifications.
- Manages cost share, limited submissions, and internal funding initiatives.
- Responsible for personnel actions in accordance with university polices.
- Conduct employee reviews and make recommendations on promotions and annual merit increases.
- Coordinate and support team development by providing training for department staff.
- Provide expert guidance and counsel to staff when issues, questions, or other matters arise relating to grants and contracts.
- Evaluates work methods and procedures and sets clear team goals.
- Fosters a positive team climate by working collaboratively.
- Leads new administrative initiatives impacting research administration and compliance.
- Provides research administration specific guidance to leadership.
- Serve as a subject matter expert towards resolution of issues related to sponsored research.
- Directs operational initiatives and process in pre-award and post-award areas.
- Oversees the budgeting and forecasting process of faculty discretionary accounts for the school.
- Monitor faculty finances for the school by examining financial reports.
- Directs and implements policies and procedures relative to pre-and post-award operations within the School.
- Leads the effort to develop workload performance indicators for comparison with benchmarking data in support of the School’s and ASU’s mission.
- Exercises the highest level of discretion in dealing with sensitive and/or confidential information concerning professional and personal issues.
- Responds to requests timely using effective interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and methods.
Bachelor's degree in a related field. Seven years experience in any combination of the following areas: procurement (federal, state, or industrial), proposal submissions, contract negotiation, grant and contract administration and financial administration; which includes two years of supervisory experience,OR Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in taking initiative, diplomatic, proactive, effectively manages stressful situations.
- Experience in work that requires organization, time management, and detail-oriented.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experience in analytical skills.
- Evidence of supervision including leadership, team coordination, and performance building.
- Demonstrated knowledge of policies and regulations pertaining to proposal, grants, and contracts administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgetary principles, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in managing large international collaborations and complex multi-sub award proposals.
- Experience working across multiple disciplines, in transdisciplinary environment.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting. Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
- Ability to work both independently or within a complex structured team.
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to unit personnel.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices & policies in selecting methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Managerial review of results and objectives.
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is the largest engineering school in the nation and seeks to deliver a world-class learning experience for our students and to advance research and innovation – all at scale. We value and emphasize inherently interdisciplinary endeavors that leverage the breadth and depth of expertise among our outstanding faculty, and have built a unique place for large-scale innovation characterized by foundational excellence and translational impacts. We are an engineering school on the rise in the most innovative university in the country and in the heart of the nation’s fifth largest metropolitan area. The scale of our faculty research interests and interdisciplinary mindset combined with nearly 47 graduate degree programs and 25 undergraduate degree programs provide the foundation and collaborative possibilities to advance new ideas.
The Fulton Schools of Engineering on the Tempe and Polytechnic campuses is comprised of seven schools based on academic programs and research areas. Fulton Engineering has a nationally recognized faculty that conducts research, instructs and mentors students, and provides service to the profession and community. Creating diverse and inclusive communities are central to our values. With a firmly set direction to continually increase representation, foster belonging, empower diversity of thought, we are also strengthening our commitment to excellence in research, engagement and high-quality education. Learn more at https://engineering.asu.edu.
Working at ASU has outstanding benefits which include: health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; ASU/UA/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to ASU recreation and cultural activities; and more.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Associate Health Physicist, Harvard University, United States, 8 days ago
31-May-2023 Campus Services 62699BR Job Summary As a member of the Radiation Safety Services’ team, Associate Health Physicists (AHPs) provide technical expertise and professional guidance for the...
Administrative Assistant Ii, The University of Arizona, United States, 29 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Administrative Assistant II St. Johns, AZ, United States | req14963 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Administrative Assistant II Posting Number req14963 Department Ap...
Scientific Programmer For Wind Resource Assessment Applications Dtu Wind, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
The Department of Wind and Energy Systems at DTU is internationally recognised for its Wind Resource Assessment software and methodologies. We are expanding how users can interact with our models ...
Systems Administrator Iv (Remote), The University of Arizona, United States, 16 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Systems Administrator IV (Remote) United States | req14624 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Systems Administrator IV (Remote) Posting Number req14624 Department Infra...
Junior Web Developer (W/M), EPFL, Switzerland, 4 days ago
EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than ...
Adjunct Faculty (Information Sciences And Technology), George Mason University, United States, 1 day ago
Position Information Position Information Department Information Sciences and Technology Alternate Department Description Criminal Background Check Standard Background Check Motor Vehicle Backgrou...