Resrch Advancement Admin Prin
The W. P. Carey School of Business is recruiting for a Research Advancement Administrator Principal to provide pre and post award research advancement for the college. This position will be responsible for providing pre-award administrative support during the proposal development, post award management upon award, and account management of assigned centers. This individual will be working with a variety of units in order to successfully manage the college’s sponsored project portfolio. This Research Advancement Administrator Principal must be able to creatively solve problems and demonstrate the ability to balance a high-level attention to detail. This position will be required to exercise autonomy and decision-making authority, along with demonstrating excellent customer service skills and has the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
NOTE: This position is a full remote work arrangement
WPC Financial Acct & Ops
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
Depends on experience
- Acts as administrative resource to investigators throughout the grant development and awards management process.
- Reviewing funding announcements and providing guidance on eligibility and sponsor requirements, contacting sponsors for clarification of application guidelines.
- Providing assistance in drafting budget justifications in conjunction with PI/Unit Assisting sub-recipients with questions related to completing sub-recipient commitment forms.
- Assisting and completing other sponsor required forms and review for compliance (current and pending support, biosketches)
- Completing administrative information according to sponsor guidelines
- Completing and routing all internal forms (300s) using information provided by PI/Unit
- Verifying cost sharing required by sponsor
- Uploading files for sponsors requiring electronic submission
- Reviewing proposals against guidelines before sending to the Office of Research and Sponsored Project Administration
- Submitting applications to Office of Research and Sponsored Project Administration for review, signature, and transmittal to sponsor
- Assisting with post submission action items requested by the sponsor such as Just In Time requests, revised budgets, scope of work, additional certifications, etc.
- Assisting in all areas of award management
- Guidance and assistance in preparing administrative post award management including At-Risks, Pre-Award Costs, re-budgets, No Cost Extensions, and all other OAF actions
- Account monitoring and reconciling, Expense Transfers, Effort Reporting, Resource to research investigators and departmental business staff on Sponsor policies and regulations regarding the administration of award funds,
- Monitor compliance issues and assist in resolution,
- Account close out
- Acts as administrative resource to ASU research investigators, provides assistance, guidance and counsel during development, pre-submission administrative review, management, authorization and transmittal of grant and contract proposals to federal, state, and private funding agencies to verify and ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable regulatory and financial compliance requirements.
- Reads award documents to determine restrictions and other pertinent information
- Assists ASU research investigators with renewals and periodic reports for grant agencies
- Works in conjunction with ORSPA and ASU research investigator to ensure timely and accurate post-award accounting of grants and contracts; reviews reconciliation of accounts for compliance of charges in accordance with sponsoring agency/contract conditions and requirements
- Manages awarded projects in accordance with University and sponsor regulations; prepares standard and non-standard accounting reports for the ASU research investigators.
- Acts administrative resource to ASU research investigators and ORSPA staff to resolve problems and correct errors in fund management to ensure timely collection of revenue through accurate presentation of invoices
- Maintains all applicable project records and files; decides proper handling of financial transactions; approves transactions within designated limits.
- Manages the procurement process for sponsored project within the college.
- Manages the finances and account management for assigned centers.
Bachelor's degree in a related field. Seven years’ experience in any combination of the following areas: proposal submissions, contract negotiation, grant and contract administration and financial administration, OR Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill and abilities have been achieved.
- Strong and complete knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures and requirements of all applicable regulations governing management of grants and contracts.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of applicable government and sponsor websites.
- Ability to facilitate resolution of highly complex sponsored project issues and recommend business solutions to satisfy both internal and external teams.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and time management skills.
- Extensive experience managing complex proposals and/or awards (e.g., high-profile, strategic, complex, multi-institution, and/or multi-million-dollar opportunities).
- Strong ability to understand user needs, requirements and requests to identify priorities; manages and resolves urgent and/or conflicting requests.
- Makes independent judgements.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a strong focus on collaboration and a high level of customer service.
- Able to effectively respond to highly complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing university constituencies.
- Knowledge and skill with relevant computer applications: Microsoft Office, ASUs Enterprise Research Administration (ERA) system or similar, Workday or similar, analytics reports in Pivot Table and Tableau reports, PeopleSoft or similar, FastLane/Research.gov, Grants.gov, NIH eRA Commons.
- Extensive financial analysis and sponsored accounting expertise. Ability to prepare/review complex and detailed documents, proposals, reports, and/or related materials.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular and climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting. The following also applies to the Working Environment for this position: Use office equipment including a desktop computer Lift up to 20 pounds Communicate to perform essential duties Work both independently and within a complex structured team Ability to interpret complex sponsor regulations. Normally receives no instructions on routine work and general instructions on new assignments with review of completed tasks. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices; policies in selecting methods, techniques ; evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Expected to be responsive to customers, engaged in work production, resourceful, flexible, and respectful of others.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is the largest business school in the United States with more than 20,000 students and 120,000+ alumni worldwide. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking.
The W. P. Carey School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the country.
W. P. Carey prides itself on being a place “where business is personal.” Business is personal means that kindness, courtesy, and respect lead our actions. We care for each other and support one another. We’re proud of that commitment, and look forward to it shaping your experience at W. P. Carey. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
All we do at ASU is guided and inspired by the University Charter, which reads:
ASU is a comprehensive public research university, measured not by whom it excludes, but by whom it includes and how they succeed; advancing research and discovery of public value; and assuming fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities it serves.
The W. P. Carey School of Business values our cultural and intellectual diversity and continually strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Student Support Assistant , ;, Sao Tome and Principe, 6 days ago
Full Time – 5 days p/w – 33.25 hrs p/w; Monday - Friday: 9:00 am – 3.30 pm (Wednesday 9:00am – 4:15pm) Part Time – 4 days p/w – 26 hrs p/w Part Time – 3 days p/w – 19.50 hrs p/w Term Time Only P...
Senior Grant Manager, Harvard University, United States, 22 days ago
The Department of Immunology at Harvard Medical School seeks a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced individual to work as a Senior Grants Manager. They will administer pre- and post-award aspec...
Senior Associate Sponsored Research Analyst (Contracts) Office Of Sponsored Programs, Emory University, United States, 14 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contr...
Clinical Research Programs Manager, City of Hope, United States, about 11 hours ago
Join the transformative team at City of Hope , where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s g...
Impact & Partnership Development Manager / Officer (Geo Resources Digital Lead), University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Exeter Innovation This new full-time post is available immediately on a fixed-term basis funded from grant income until 31 March 2025, with the possibility of extension depending on future plans f...
Professor In Artificial Intelligence And Advanced Computing, XIAN JIAOTONG LIVERPOOL UNIVERSITY (XJTLU), United Kingdom, 17 days ago
SCHOOL: School of Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Computing (AIAC) ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Artificial Intelligence, computer science, data science POSITION TITLE:Faculty Position, open rank, AI ...