Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Supports the day-to-day activities of a team of Pre-Award Specialists.
- Monitors workload distribution and raises any concerns to the Research Administration Services (RAS) Director.
- Provides guidance to team members, as appropriate.
- Coordinates with RAS Director regarding pre-award activities, issue resolution, and workload distribution.
- Works with Post-Award team lead to coordinate inter-team meetings to facilitate collaboration between the pre-award and post-award teams, as necessary and appropriate.
- Manages pre-award activities for an assigned portfolio of grants and contracts within a RAS unit using knowledge of grant and contract management rules and regulations, technical expertise, and analytical skills.
- Manages the day-to-day operations and objectives in support of the assigned portfolio.
- Contributes information and ideas related to areas of responsibility as part of a cross functional team.
- Ensures effective and efficient workflow and adherence to quality standards for staff/program and self.
- Performs pre-award activities for a unit (school, department, or division) within a RAS unit.
- Pre-award activities include, but are not limited to, assisting departmental faculty/PI in the development, preparation, and submission of grant and contract proposals.
- Ensures all applications meet agency and university guidelines and published time tables and deadlines, including management of the Just-In-Time process.
- Ensures proposals are entered and routed in a timely manner for further review.
- Confers with PI and Pre-award support staff at collaborating institutions to secure necessary sub-awards documents for proposals.
- Assists the PI in the development of budgets and budget justification which includes proofing the budget for inconsistencies and ensuring accuracy.
- Reviews budgets for consistency with sponsor, monitors compliance with agency and University regulations regarding submission; verifies all financial information to include application of the appropriate overhead rate for the project.
- Advises the PI on administrative requirements in preparing proposal submissions and on budget adjustments and revisions necessary to meet the sponsor requirements.
- Coordinates and reviews certain proposal elements (biosketches and facilities & resources) for consistency, accuracy, and completeness. Reviews proposals for consistency with sponsor guidelines on budget, format, font size, page limits excluding narrative content (obtain and review sponsor guidelines).
- Monitors and facilitates proposal process through the routing process in compliance with University procedures and institutional signatures.
- Obtains signatures as needed.
- Monitors proposal status and advises PI on requirements and deadlines associated with research protection protocols.
- Works effectively with other offices (central, school, departments, divisions) on research proposal.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of work-related grants and contracts experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of federal rules and regulations relating to research grant and/or contract activity.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite software.
NOTE: This role will be granted the opportunity to work from home regularly but must be able to commute to Emory University location as needed and at times, on short notice. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Application Review Specialist, University of Alberta, Canada, about 10 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Location Work primari...
Research Advancement Admin Principal, Arizona State University, United States, 5 days ago
97146BR Campus: Tempe Resrch Advancement Admin Prin Job Description The W. P. Carey School of Business is recruiting for a Research Advancement Administrator Principal to provide pre and post awar...
Communications And Grant/Technical Writer, University of Alberta, Canada, about 9 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position has a term length of one year plus a day with a possibility of renewal and offers a comprehensive benefits packa...
Senior Grants Manager, Harvard University, United States, about 13 hours ago
01-Dec-2023 Harvard Medical School 64363BR Position Description The Senior Grants Manager (SGM) will be responsible for all pre-and post-award management for a specific grants portfolio. Pre-award...
Sponsored Prog Administrator, William and Mary, United States, 2 days ago
Position Information Position Information Present Position Number 00798W Role Code Title Financial Specialist II Position Title Sponsored Prog Administrator Unit Mission Statement The William & Ma...
Grants & Contracts Specialist Iii (Pre & Post Award), University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 16 hours ago
Grants & Contracts Specialist III (Pre & Post-Award) Med-Neurology - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23008660) In addition, perform pre-post award accounting for clinical trials, this includes budget n...