Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Supports the day-to-day activities of a team of Post-Award Specialists.
- Monitors workload distribution and raises any concerns to the Research Administration Services (RAS) director.
- Provides guidance to team members, as appropriate. Coordinates with RAS Director regarding pre-award activities, issues resolution, and workload distribution.
- Ensures strong levels of customer service to faculty and departments being served.
- Works with Pre-Award team lead to coordinate inter-team meetings to facilitate collaboration between the pre-award and post-award teams, as necessary and appropriate.
- Manages post-award activities within a RAS unit in support of an assigned portfolio of grants and contracts within one or more units (i.e., school, department, division, institute, or center) using knowledge of grant and contract management rules and regulations, technical expertise, and analytical skills.
- Post-award activities include regular review, reconciliation, and projection of award finances, preparing adjustments and corrections to award budgets, preparing financial reports, and at the end of the award, ensuring all financial requirements have been met and closing out the award.
- Interacts regularly with and provides high quality customer service to faculty members conducting sponsored research.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and all policies and award regulations.
- Creates high-quality written reports. Upon award acceptance, defines account establishment parameters, including billing and reporting requirements, budget, and cost sharing obligations.
- Sets up award in financial system.
- Distributes award information to PIs, co-PIs and relevant staff and other RAS units.
- Coordinates with relevant individuals to make adjustments to payroll for all budgeted positions (including relative cost sharing positions).
- Reviews and reconciles award expenditures and budgets, making adjustments, as necessary.
- Projects and forecasts future award expenditures.
- Manages budget, reporting and compliance timelines through the lifecycle of the grant or contract.
- Communicates with PIs on a regular basis regarding budget and expense adjustments and revisions.
- Completes financial reports to be sent to sponsor, as required by the award terms and conditions.
- Monitors compliance with agency and University regulations regarding reporting. Completes invoice and submits to sponsor (for certain award types only).
- Assists PIs with non-financial report submissions, as necessary.
- Coordinates and submits requests for No Cost Extensions, Carryover, rebudgeting requests, changes in scope, and other changes to the award; ensures all requests are done in compliance with sponsor guidelines and University policies.
- Facilitates the approval of invoices to pay subcontractors.
- Reviews effort reports and manages quarterly effort certification process for assigned units.
- Applies federal and university rules to management of effort allocation appropriately for individuals compensated whole or in part from federal awards.
- Assists in transferring awards out of the university.
- Closes out all funded projects consistent with university process and timelines.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of experience related to grants and contracts management OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of federal rules and regulations/terms and conditions relating to research grant and/or contract activity.
- Knowledge of the PeopleSoft Financial System preferred.
Note: Emory University, School of Medicine, Research Administration is currently in a “virtual first” model, which means you will be working remotely with a requirement for in person activities (i.e., team building, faculty meetings, or other RAS activities) quarterly.
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Research Financial Administrator Pre Award (Hybrid/Remote), University of Pittsburgh, United States, 2 days ago
Research Financial Administrator-Pre Award (Hybrid/Remote) SHRS-Office of the Dean - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23006953) Performs pre- and post-award accounting duties for very complex grants and...
Research Administrator, Grants And Contracts, Unlv Sponsored Programs [R0138822], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 2 days ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Research Administrator, Grants and Contracts, UNLV Sponsored Programs [R0138822] UNLV Administration offers eligible employees the oppo...
Grants & Contracts Manager (Pre & Post Award), University of Pittsburgh, United States, 6 days ago
Grants & Contracts Manager (Pre & Post-Award) Pharm-Office of the Dean - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23006685) Manages administrative and financial operations for Research Grants & Contracts and re...
Post Award Coordinator, Texas A&M University - San Antonio, United States, 20 days ago
Details Posted: 06-Sep-23 Location: Nationwide Salary: Open Internal Number: R-065554 The Office of Research and Health Sciences at Texas A&M University-San Antonio (A&M-SA) invites applications f...
Post Award Administrator, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 17 hours ago
Post Award Administrator GSPH-Environmental/Occupational Health - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23007344) Performs pre- and post-award accounting duties for very complex grants and contracts. Prepare...
Grants Manager, Harvard University, United States, about 9 hours ago
26-Sep-2023 Harvard Medical School 63777BR Position Description The Department of Systems Biology is a vibrant and exciting Department, with faculty and researchers who have successfully competed ...