Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Manages post-award activities within a Research Administration Services (RAS) unit in support of an assigned portfolio of grants and contracts within one or more units (i.e., school, department, division, institute, or center) using knowledge of grant and contract management rules and regulations, technical expertise, and analytical skills.
- Post-award activities include regular review, reconciliation, and projection of award finances, preparing adjustments and corrections to award budgets, preparing financial reports, and at the end of the award, ensuring all financial requirements have been met, and closing out the award.
- Interacts regularly with and provides high quality customer service to faculty members conducting sponsored research.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and all policies and award regulations.
- Creates high quality written documents.
- Upon award acceptance, defines account establishment parameters, including billing and reporting requirements, budget, and cost sharing obligations.
- Sets up award in financial system.
- Distributes award information to PIs, co-PIs and relevant staff and other RAS units.
- Coordinates with relevant individuals to make adjustments to payroll for all budgeted positions (including relative cost sharing positions).
- Reviews and reconciles award expenditures and budgets, making adjustments, as necessary.
- Projects and forecasts future award expenditures.
- Manages budget, reporting and compliance timelines through the lifecycle of the grant or contract.
- Communicates with PIs on a regular basis regarding budget and expense adjustments and revisions.
- Completes financial reports to be sent to sponsor, as required by the award terms and conditions.
- Monitors compliance with agency and University regulations regarding reporting.
- Assists PIs with non-financial report submissions, as necessary.
- Coordinates and submits requests for No Cost Extensions, Carryover, rebudgeting requests, changes in scope, and other changes to the award; ensures all requests are done in compliance with sponsor guidelines and University policies.
- Facilitates the approval of invoices to pay subcontractors.
- Reviews effort reports and manages quarterly effort certification process for assigned units.
- Applies federal and university rules to management of effort allocation appropriately for individuals compensated whole or in part from federal awards.
- Assists in transferring awards out of the university.
- Closes out all funded projects consistent with university process and timelines.
- Follows and adheres to SOPs related to post-award functions.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite software.
Note: Emory University, School of Medicine, Research Administration is currently in a “virtual first” model, which means you will be working remotely with a requirement for in person activities (i.e., team building, faculty meetings, or other RAS activities) quarterly.
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Pre Award Administrator, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 2 days ago
Pre Award Administrator Med-Medicine - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23004051) Prepares and submits moderately complex grant, contract, and budget proposals. Drafts and negotiates contractual arrange...
Grants & Contracts Specialists Iii (Pre Award), University of Pittsburgh, United States, 2 days ago
Grants & Contracts Specialists III (Pre-Award) Med-McGowan Inst Regenerative Med - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23004262) Prepares and submits moderately complex grant, contract, and budget proposal...
Research Administration Manager Hybrid, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 9 days ago
Research Administration Manager - Hybrid SCI-Office of the Dean - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23003502) Manages grant administration duties and supports all related operations to ensure resources a...
Grants & Contracts Specialist Iii (Pre & Post Award), University of Pittsburgh, United States, 2 days ago
Grants & Contracts Specialist III (Pre & Post-Award) Med-Emergency Medicine - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23003816) Performs pre- and post-award accounting duties for complex grants and contracts. ...
Senior Sponsored Project Administrator, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 2 days ago
Senior Sponsored Project Administrator GSPH-Environmental/Occupational Health - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23003746) Performs pre- and post-award accounting duties for very complex grants and cont...
Finance And Grant Manager, Harvard University, United States, 9 days ago
26-May-2023 Harvard Medical School 62556BR Position Description This position is responsible for all pre-and post-award functions for sponsored funds as well as PIs discretionary funds, and will m...