Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Manages post-award activities within a Research Administration Services (RAS) unit in support of an assigned portfolio of grants and contracts within one or more units (i.e., school, department, division, institute, or center) using knowledge of grant and contract management rules and regulations, technical expertise, and analytical skills.
- Manages post-award activities within a Research Administration Services (RAS) unit in support of an assigned portfolio of grants and contracts within one or more units (i.e., school, department, division, institute, or center) using knowledge of grant and contract management rules and regulations, technical expertise, and analytical skills.
- Post-award activities include regular review, reconciliation, and projection of award finances, preparing adjustments and corrections to award budgets, preparing financial reports, and at the end of the award, ensuring all financial requirements have been met, and closing out the award. Interacts regularly with and provides high quality customer service to faculty members conducting sponsored research.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and all policies and award regulations. Creates high quality written documents. Upon award acceptance, defines account establishment parameters, including billing and reporting requirements, budget, and cost sharing obligations.
- Sets up award in financial system. Distributes award information to PIs, co-PIs and relevant staff and other RAS units. Coordinates with relevant individuals to make adjustments to payroll for all budgeted positions (including relative cost sharing positions).
- Reviews and reconciles award expenditures and budgets, making adjustments, as necessary. Projects and forecasts future award expenditures. Manages budget, reporting and compliance timelines through the lifecycle of the grant or contract.
- Communicates with PIs on a regular basis regarding budget and expense adjustments and revisions. Completes financial reports to be sent to sponsor, as required by the award terms and conditions. Monitors compliance with agency and University regulations regarding reporting.
- Assists PIs with non-financial report submissions, as necessary. Coordinates and submits requests for No Cost Extensions, Carryover, rebudgeting requests, changes in scope, and other changes to the award; ensures all requests are done in compliance with sponsor guidelines and University policies.
- Facilitates the approval of invoices to pay subcontractors. Reviews effort reports and manages quarterly effort certification process for assigned units. Applies federal and university rules to management of effort allocation appropriately for individuals compensated whole or in part from federal awards.
- Assists in transferring awards out of the university. Closes out all funded projects consistent with university process and timelines. Follows and adheres to SOPs related to post-award functions. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Proficiency with MS Office Suite software.
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Grants & Contracts Specialist Iii (Pre & Post Award), University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 19 hours ago
Grants & Contracts Specialist III (Pre & Post-Award) Med-Neurology - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23008660) In addition, perform pre-post award accounting for clinical trials, this includes budget n...
Research Advancement Admin Principal, Arizona State University, United States, 11 days ago
97146BR Campus: Tempe Resrch Advancement Admin Prin Job Description The W. P. Carey School of Business is recruiting for a Research Advancement Administrator Principal to provide pre and post awar...
Senior Grants Manager, Harvard University, United States, 4 days ago
01-Dec-2023 Harvard Medical School 64363BR Position Description The Senior Grants Manager (SGM) will be responsible for all pre-and post-award management for a specific grants portfolio. Pre-award...
Research Finance Administrator Post Award, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 20 hours ago
Research Finance Administrator - Post Award SHRS-Office of the Dean - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23008939) The University of Pittsburgh School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (SHRS) is a nat...
Sponsored Prog Administrator, William and Mary, United States, 8 days ago
Position Information Position Information Present Position Number 00798W Role Code Title Financial Specialist II Position Title Sponsored Prog Administrator Unit Mission Statement The William & Ma...
Research Accounts Administrator, McGill University, Canada, 18 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...