Duke Primary Care
2609 N Duke #1000
*For details, click on link-DPC Durham Pediatrics
Duke Primary Care Duke Primary Care is a broad network of community-based clinics that offer family medicine, internal medicine, pediatric, and urgent care services. With 400 providers in nearly 50 locations, Duke Primary Care is the largest primary care network in the greater Triangle. Our network saw more than 750,000 patient encounters in fiscal year 2021.
Our Duke Primary Care clinics provide personalized care for adults and children, from sick visits to preventive care, health screenings to immunizations, and annual exams to chronic disease management. Select primary care clinics also provide behavioral health, diabetes education, pharmacy, and other population health services. Duke Primary Care clinics are accredited and designated a Primary Care Medical Home by The Joint Commission.
Our Duke Urgent Care centers offer evaluation and treatment for minor illnesses and injuries 12 hours a day, seven days a week when a patientâ€™s primary care provider is not available. Services also include certain physical exams and vaccinations. A pediatric specialist is available at select locations. Patients can walk in to one of our nine urgent care centers located throughout the greater Triangle or can schedule a virtual visit to receive care from the comfort of home.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital areconsistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Registered Nurse II-DPC- Durham Pediatrics-M-F 8am-5pm, Sat 8am-12pm-Full Time
- Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
- Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
- Use professional nursing judgment to individualize the plan of care based on assessment of the patient's baseline needs and response to care.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the de livery of nursing care and act as team leader or charge nurse for a group of patients or an entire unit as assigned.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Act as preceptor and support the development of other staff and formal learners.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and in performance improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse, licensed practical nurse and NCA Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing process Knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedure.
- Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families.
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors,
- Health care team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others
- Ability to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
- Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
- Ability to use fine motor skills.
- Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area.
- Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status.
- Ability to use computer and learn new software programs.
- Able to document and communicate pertinent information using computer and/or paper documentation tools.
- Ability to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to remain focused and organized.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate JCAHO and other regulatory requirements Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required.
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years oftheir start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Zebrafish Research Technician 2, Duke University Medical Center, United States, 23 days ago
AgencyDuke University Medical CenterLocationDurham, NCJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOQLast Date to Apply05/30/2023Websitehttps://careers.duke.edu/job-invite/231973/ DescriptionWork Arrange...
Assistant Or Associate Professor, Environmental Justice, Nicholas School of the Environment - Faculty, United States, 6 days ago
Position ID:Duke -NSOEFaculty -EJ [#24884] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Areas: environme...
Clinical Associate Professor Adolescent Medicine Specialist, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 13 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department General Pediatrics - 412009 Posting Open Date 05/09/2023 Application Deadline Open Until Filled Yes Position Type Permanent Faculty Working Title...
Associate In Research, Evolutionary Anthropology, United States, 6 days ago
Position ID:Duke -EVANTH -PONTZERGOLDBERGAIR_2023 [#24779, AIR] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Evolutionary...
Front Desk Receptionist/Clerical Assistant, Duke Street North, Durham Technical Community College, United States, 24 days ago
Details Posted: 11-May-23 Location: Durham, North Carolina Salary: Open Categories: Administrative/Support Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 5428 Job Duties: 1. Answer and disseminate multi-li...
Adolescent Pediatrician Open Rank, University of North Carolina, United States, 18 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department General Pediatrics - 412009 Posting Open Date 05/05/2023 Application Deadline Open Until Filled Yes Position Type Permanent Faculty Working Title...