Duke University Hospital
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
DukeHealth's Inpatient Research Center seeks to hire a Clinical Nurse (Experienced or New Grad) who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together!
Clinic 3N oversees the management of participants who have agreed to be a part of a research protocol. The protocols vary and include pediatric to adult participants and visits range from same day appointments to multiple overnight stays. While designated a clinic, there is a requirement for occasional night and weekend shifts to cover the needs of these protocols.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in clinic, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders, research protocols and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager.
- Collect participant data in accordance with research protocols, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and participant responses.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of participant care and serves as team leader.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners.
- Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
- Ability to complete research protocol specific training in a timely manner
- Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties in practical nurse and all unlicensed assistive personnel
- Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing process
- Knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedures
- Ability to teach research participants and families in accordance with the research protocols
- Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status
- Ability to navigate the entity to provide protocol driven care to research participants and to support clinical care should it be needed
Schedule: Day/ Night Rotation with weekend schedules as needed.
- Must have an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma. (All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.)
- Must have current or compact RN license in the State of North Carolina
- 1+ years of RN experience
- Clinical research experience preferred
- BCLS certification is required.
- Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Abdominal Transplant Surgeon , UNC-Chapel Hill, United States, 4 days ago
Classification Title: Abdominal Transplant Surgeon Working Title: Abdominal Transplant Surgeon Campus: UNC-Chapel Hill Region: Piedmont/Triangle Job Summary: The Department of Surgery at The Unive...
Surgical Assistant, University of North Carolina, United States, about 22 hours ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department ASOD Oral Maxillofacial Surg-434200 Career Area Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open...
Aquaculture Technician 2: Durham, Nc, Duke University School of Medicine, United States, about 8 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyDuke University School of MedicineLocationDurham, NCJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOE/DOQLast Date to...
Aquaculture Technician: Durham, Nc, Duke University, United States, 12 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyDuke UniversityLocationDurham, NCJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOQLast Date to Apply07/01/2022Website...
Associate In Research, Biomedical Engineering, United States, about 4 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -BME -AIRJOH52422 [#21831, 1420] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Biomedical Engineering / ...
Nurse Supervisor, University of North Carolina, United States, about 22 hours ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SA Campus Health Services-650001 Career Area Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Da...