Duke University Hospital
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Duke University Hospital – General Medicine Stepdown (Unit 2200)
Located at Duke North, 2nd Floor, Durham, North Carolina
Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Registered Nurse (new or experinced) who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Adult General Medicine Stepdown (Unit 2200) is a newly renovated unit comprised of 16 beds. Our team of nursing staff provide exemplary care for a variety of complex patients with varying diagnosis such as stroke, heart failure, pneumonia, sepsis, liver/kidney failure, BKAs/AKAs, diabetes, GI bleed, sickle cell, rheumatic disorders, psychiatric, and behavioral health disorders.
**Sign-on Bonus: $20,000 sign-on bonus for experienced RNs and $5,000 for new grads.**
- RN to Patient Ratio is 1: 4
- A brand new, renovated unit!
- Lots of opportunity to grow and advance in your career as an Assistant Nurse Manager, preceptor, charge nurse, create commities, etc.
- You will be a part of building the culture and personality of the unit.
- Phenomenal teamwork, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and professional respect – we offer a dynamic environment for lateral professional development.
- Extraordinary unit culture that embraces each team member – a sense of belonging.
- Affords the clinical experience to attain strong critical thinking skills, vast knowledge of disease processes and body systems, and robust care management skills.
We are hiring for all shifts: 7a-7p or 7p-7a, 3 12/hour shifts per week, 36 hours per week total.
We area also hiring for PRN (2 years of experience required), 2 shift per week, 24 hours per week total.
What you will do:
As a Clinical Nurse in Duke University Health System, you will plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures under the supervision of the team leader or charge nurse.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other healthcare personnel in the delivery of patient care.
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including equipment and material resources. Prioritize work organization and identify resources available to assist in completing components of care in a timely manner.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and assist in performance improvement activities.
What you can expect:
- Multitask in myriad ways – document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status, access nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients, independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Educate patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
- Relationship management with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
What we’ll provide:
- Paid Training
- New Graduate Nurses: 8 weeks of paid orientation and monthly nurse residency classes and the completion of a unit-focused project.
- Experienced Nurses: 4 – 6 weeks of paid orientation depending on level of experience.
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is committed to providing robust learning and development from Office of Continuing Education.
- Clinical Ladder Advancement
- Tuition Assistance and Nurse Loan Forgiveness
- Relocation Grant and Sign On Bonus
- Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Performance Increases
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Pension plan and much more.
What you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited bachelor’s degree in nursing (or higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma program.
***All registered nurses without a bachelor’s degree in nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date. We do offer Tuition Assistance.
Licensure and Certification Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
To quickly apply please email your CV / resume to Avery.Gardner@Duke.Edu!
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Professional Nurse, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 5 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SA Campus Health Services-650001 Career Area Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Da...
Assistant Professor, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, about 17 hours ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department Med-Geriatric Medicine - 411440 Posting Open Date 09/21/2023 Application Deadline Open Until Filled Yes Position Type Permanent Faculty Working T...
Open Rank Fixed Term Faculty, Residency Program Director, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, about 18 hours ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department ASOD Craniofacial Surgical Car - 434000 Posting Open Date 09/22/2023 Application Deadline Open Until Filled Yes Position Type Permanent Faculty W...
Social Work Practitioner, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 20 days ago
Details Posted: 05-Sep-23 Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina Salary: Open Internal Number: 264490 Vacancy ID: P018086 Position Summary/Description: The social work practitioner will act as a pr...
Clinical Research Nurse Consultant, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 3 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department Peds-Genetics and Metabolism-412010 Career Area Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open...
Professional Nurse Temporary, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 21 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SA Campus Health Services - 650001 Career Area Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other) Posting Open Date 08/31/2023 Application Deadline 09/0...