Duke University Hospital
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
9100/10B is a 36 bed adult intermediate stepdown hematology oncology unit. We care for patients with heme malignancies, including but not limited to acute leukemia, lymphoma and multiple myeloma. We provide treatment and care from new diagnosis to end of life. The staff on these units are involved in innovative and cutting edge therapy, including chemotherapy and research. We have a wide range of expertise on our team including case managers, social workers, pharmacists, and dieticians to enhance the patient experience.
Plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
- Plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of nursing care and act
- Assist in the development and implementation of general policies and responses.
- Provide direction and guidance in the proper use, care and control of as assigned with physician orders and established policies and procedures to include collecting and analyzing patient data, developing and implementing nursing care plans, establishing interpersonal relationships with patients, evaluating nursing care given and communicating to proper personnel relevant facts about patients, action taken and patient as team leader or charge nurse for a group of patients or an entire unit material resources; appraise quality and effectiveness of material and equipment and report results to head nurse; maintain standards of cleanliness in assigned areas.
- Observe activities of nursing staff and make recommendations to nursing management for improvement in the quality and effectiveness of nursing care given procedures designed to effect efficiency of operations.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of scope of the registered nurse, licensed practical nurse and ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients plan of care
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate JCAHO and other Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements regulatory requirements
- Ability to teach patients and families inaccordance with the nursing
- Knowledge of and appropriate application of the nursing process
- Ability to use computer and learn new software programs and their families
- Ability to use fine motor skills designated by work area
- Ability to record activities, document assessments, plan of care
- Ability to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively
- Ability to remain focused and organized
- Knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedure
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors
- Able to document and communicate pertinent information using computer routine and special treatments to patients interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others and/or paper documentation tools NCA Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering
Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN/ADN program. Registered nurses hired after July 1, 2014 without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) are expected to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date but must complete the program within five years of their start date. Registered nurses hired before July 1, 2014 are not required to enroll in a BSN program to remain in this job classification.
New graduates or experienced RN's may apply
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Vice Chair For Equity, Diversity, And Inclusion Family Medicine And Community Health, Family Medicine and Community Health, United States, 12 days ago
Position ID:Duke University Medical Center -Family Medicine and Community Health -VICECHAIRFOREDI [#23886] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27705, Unit...
Professional Nurse, University of North Carolina, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SA Campus Health Services-650001 Career Area Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Da...
Dental Assistant Supervisor, University of North Carolina, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department ASOD Dental Faculty Practice-438000 Career Area Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open...
Nurse Coordinator, University of North Carolina, United States, 2 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department General Pediatrics-412009 Career Area Health Professional (Physician/Nurse/Other) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Date 03/2...
Research Instructor, University of North Carolina, United States, about 1 hour ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department Medicine-UNCP A Rheumatology - 411450 Posting Open Date 03/28/2023 Application Deadline Open Until Filled Yes Position Type Permanent Faculty Wor...
Open Rank Faculty, Special Care/Oral Medicine, University of North Carolina, United States, 18 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department ASOD Oral Medicine - 434100 Posting Open Date 02/28/2023 Application Deadline 03/28/2023 Open Until Filled No Position Type Permanent Faculty Wor...