Creighton University Libraries seeks a collaborative, service-oriented professional with the ability to take initiative to join our team of information professionals and fill the position of Reference and Instruction Librarian at the new Creighton University Health Sciences Campus in Phoenix, AZ. The Reference and Instruction Librarian will initially be the sole library staff member at the 183,000-square-foot campus and will provide research support and information literacy instruction to the campus. The incumbent will report to the Head of Reference, Research, and Instructional Services located on the campus in Omaha.
The Reference and Instruction Librarian will collaborate closely with faculty in Phoenix and librarians in Omaha to develop customized library services for the Phoenix campus. The incumbent joins a team committed to diversity and inclusion which aspires to provide equitable information and instructional services and promote social justice in the community, region, and throughout the world. Join our team and be a part of a mission-driven, dynamic, and growing institution!
- Master of Library Science (MLS) from an ALA-accredited program
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with research, information literacy instruction, and reference services in a health sciences library setting
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience developing, designing, and teaching course-integrated information literacy sessions in an academic health sciences or clinical environment
- Advanced skill in searching health sciences literature using biomedical databases such as PubMed and CINAHL
- Knowledge of and experience with evidence-based medicine practice, research data, and tools for demonstrating research impact
- Knowledge of the scholarly publishing process
- Ability to continuously adapt to new technology
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Collaboration, teamwork, effective human relations skills
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working within a library liaison program
- Experience with library outreach and marketing activities
- Fluency with bibliographic management tools, such as RefWorks
- Experience with evaluation and assessment of instructional practices and materials; use of assessment data to inform continuous improvement of instructional practices and materials
- Involvement with systematic review teams
- Mission and Service orientation
- Contribution to diversity and inclusion initiatives or activities
- Accountability and discretion
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Results orientation
- Adaptability; innovative and creative thinking
- Seeing: 75 – 100%
- Hearing: 75 – 100%
- Standing/Mobility/Climbing: 0 – 24%
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0 – 24% (pounds: 15 lbs.)
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
- Travel: 0 – 24%
- Exposure to blood borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
Clinical Research Coordinator I, Internal Medicine (College Of Medicine Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, about 10 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Clinical Research Coordinator I, Internal Medicine (College of Medicine-Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req4897 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Clinical Resear...
Manager, Clinical Data (Computing Sciences Researcher Iii), Internal Medicine (Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, about 10 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Manager, Clinical Data (Computing Sciences Researcher III), Internal Medicine (Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req4898 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Manager,...
Clinical/Research Nurse Iii Internal Medicine (Multiple Hires) (College Of Medicine Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 9 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Clinical/Research Nurse III - Internal Medicine (Multiple Hires) (College of Medicine- Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req4774 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search ...
Community Outreach Professional I (Part Time) (Phoenix, Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 27 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Community Outreach Professional I (Part Time) (Phoenix, AZ) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req4462 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Community Outreach Professional I (P...
Clinical Assistant Professor In Audiology, Arizona State University, United States, about 9 hours ago
The College of Health Solutions (CHS) at Arizona State University is seeking a full-time clinical assistant professor (12- month) to join the Doctor of Audiology (AuD) program. Our active and grow...
Lecturer Speech And Hearing Science, Arizona State University, United States, about 9 hours ago
The College of Health Solutions (CHS) at Arizona State University is seeking a full-time lecturer for an academic year (9-month) position in the popular and rapidly expanding Speech and Hearing Sc...