Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Responsible for collecting, sorting, and handling of waste, recycling, and compostable materials from designated recycling stations located within the buildings and loading docks of Emory University.
- Transports recyclable and compostable materials to designated loading docks and/or the Emory Recycling Center for further processing. Ensures bin stations are clean, labeled, serviced with designated bag color, and remain located in the designated location.
- Responsible for the recording of collected material weights; must have strong organizational skills and the ability to document collections. Adheres to and complies with Emory University safety and security standards.
- Must understand Emory's Environmental Health and Safety Office expectations and follow protocols for bio-safety. Assists in facility, equipment, and vehicle management maintenance.
- Ensures a clean, safe work environment in compliance with university standards as well as federal, state and local requirements.
- Remains knowledgeable of Emory University's goals for sustainability, specifically in regards to waste diversion. Serves as a knowledgeable resource to building occupants regarding proper recycling methods and guidelines.
- Communicates with supervisor and/or team leader to ensure work order information entries meet department standards. Supports the needs of the department by being a team player and being flexible regarding route and schedule adjustments.
- Assists with maintaining clean, safe, and compliant loading docks. Some overtime may be required in the evenings and weekends during special event activities. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Strong verbal communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Position requires lifting and pulling bags and receptacles weighing up to 75 pounds.
- The ability to bend, stoop and twist. Must be able to walk an average of 3 miles per shift. Some positions within this job classification may require a valid Georgia driver's license and insurable driving record.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Or Orderly, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 4 days ago
Department: Operating Room FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Evenings Position Summary: Provides a variety of housekeeping services to maintain a safe and clean environment in the Operating Room, Recover...
Housekeeper, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, about 7 hours ago
Department: Environmental Services - UH FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Nights Position Summary: Clean and services building areas. Perform a variety of environmental services duties in order to maint...
Ktchn/Chf Hlpr/Pt Wsr/Lndry/Com, Harvard University, United States, 15 days ago
25-May-2023 Campus Services 61300BR Position Description Cleans and sanitizes physical space and equipment Moves product into and out from production as required following HACCP procedures Assists...
Instructional Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 9 days ago
91399BR Campus: West Instructional Specialist Job Description Supports the University’s student teaching laboratories by providing the appropriate materials and supplies and/or teaching/instructio...
Project Development Scientist (Ktp Associate) In Bioleaching, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Project Development Scientist- (KTP Associate) in Bioleaching Project Development Scientist- (KTP Associate) in Bioleaching, based in Manchester 34 month Fixed Term appointment Partnership between...
Campus Care Assistant Manawatu, Massey University, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Campus Services - MW University Services Palmerston North US_CSMW_426_04/23 Professional Grade 3 46637 - 61820 University Services Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Position Overview T...