GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Research Associate I will be responsible for research and/or development of assays for support of monoclonal antibody development.
- Performs splenic fusions and isolates hybridomas that produce relevant antibodies.
- Creates, cultures, and maintains stable transgenic cell lines for recombinant protein production and cell based assays.
- Utilizes various protein purification techniques to purify antibodies and recombinant proteins
- Utilizes a range of biochemistry and molecular biology techniques to analyze recombinant proteins. Techniques include: PCR, ELISA, Western Blots, subcloning, transfections, and HPLC
- Performs animal work including immunization, sera collection, sera analysis, tail vein injections and splenic fusions.
- Records data in research notebooks and report results according to MBL SOPs and procedures
- Prepares data for presentation.
- Drafts written / oral reports for presentation to the research group and senior staff
- Troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and techniques within scope of training.
- Effectively communicates with group members in order to accomplish goals.
- Performs additional job related duties as required.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field with a minimum of 0-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Ability to follow instructions precisely , recognize deviations, and recommend corrective action within scope of training
- Ability to troubleshoot within scope of training
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel and other relevant electronic systems.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to multitask and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to apply scientific principles to problem solving
- Possesses well developed attention to detail, ability to maintain accurate records and excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Demonstrated initiative through past experience
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- May require individual to work extended hours on occasion to meet business needs
Lei Academic Assistant (Student 03) 1 Vacancy, Worcester State University, United States, 18 days ago
SUPERVISOR: Mary Jo Marion/Hilda Ramirez SSTA APPROVER: Kathleen Orengo SCHEDULE: Varies (10 Hours/Week) - flexible HOURLY PAY RATE: $12.00 General Statement of Duties: Under the leadership of the...