Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Provides counseling and psychotherapy to meet the needs of a select population.
- May provide clinical supervision to psychology and social work interns and to psychiatric residents.
- Serves as a professional resource within the community. Performs related responsibilities as required.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
- This position will be part of the CAPS department, but focused primarily on fulfilling the mission of the School of Nursing (SON) by fostering the intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and psychological wellbeing of students and train healthcare professionals who provide high quality, compassionate care.
- This position will participate in a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to the clinical care of Emory SON students.
- The position will support the mental health and well-being needs of students in the SON through a combination of community interventions, consultation, and clinical services.
- Specifically, this position will provide culturally competent assessments, crisis intervention, consultation, case management, community referrals, outreach programs and services, trainings, individual therapy, and group therapy.
- This position will be partially embedded in the SON and will require some early morning, evening, and weekend work.
- A doctorate in counseling/clinical psychology and two years of psychological counseling experience. Licensed as a Psychologist or license eligible in Georgia.
- Experience working in higher education, counseling centers, or working with nursing students.
- Qualified applicants will have a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA-accredited program.
- Applicants should also have completed all internship and postdoctoral hours and be eligible for licensure as a psychologist in Georgia within six months of hire.
- Applicants must also have demonstrated the ability to maintain confidentiality of clients, students, faculty, and staff.
- In addition, applicants will have excellent clinical skills, experience working with full range of human diversity that includes a commitment to social justice and a strong investment in outreach work and community interventions that directly support the mission of the School of Nursing.
- Licensed for 3+ years.
- Candidate will have strong communication and collaboration skills, an interest in working as an integrated part of the CAPS team and with SON administration, the ability to respond calmly and flexibly in crises, the ability to juggle multiple roles, an interest in outreach initiatives, and a demonstrated commitment to working with marginalized and underserved populations.
Review of applications will begin immediately, with priority review given to applications received by February 15, 2023. Position will remain open until filled.
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Senior Governance Officer, UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Full time, 12 month fixed term role with potential to extend Great opportunity to work within Office of the Vice Chancellor Packaged Salary of $117K About the opportunity The Senior Governance Off...
Counsellor, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 14 days ago
Counsellor, Student Counselling & Mental Health Team Auckland University of Technology, Te Wānanga Aronui o Tamaki Makaurau Be part of a professional and supportive team Great opportunity to work ...
Student Counsellor, Central Queensland University, Australia, 3 days ago
Student Counsellor Apply now » Date: 09-Mar-2023 Job Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU Company: Central Queensland University About this Opportunity Continuing, Full Time Student Success Division CQUni...
Senior Professional Clinician/Psychologist (Teaching Supervisor), Massey University, New Zealand, 18 days ago
School of Psychology College of Humanities and Social Sciences Auckland / Wellington / Palmerston North CHSS_SP_045_01/23 School of Psychology College of Humanities and Social Sciences Term length...
Focus Resilience Trainer Iwakuni, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, 11 days ago
JOB DUTIES Description FOCUS, or Families OverComing Under Stress, is a program that helps military families manage the challenges of deployment and reintegration. As the FOCUS Resilience Trainer,...
Student Engagement & Administrative Coordinator, RMIT University, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Overview: About RMIT Vietnam RMIT is a global university of technology, design, and enterprise. We are global in footprint and even more importantly, we are global in mindset. We are committed to ...