Duke Health Integrated Practice is an exceptional, multi-specialty physician practice encompassing 140 clinics across North Carolina. We attract and retain premier medical professionals with competitive compensation, benefits, and a nurturing work atmosphere that unites passion and purpose.
Learn more about us: https://dhip.dukehealth.org/about-us
Dermatology of South Durham - 234 Crooked Creek Pkwy
We are seeking a Provider Support Assistant to manage service access activities and start to achieve continuous and optimal care for Dermatology patients located at South Durham Crooked Creek Pkwy. The position would work between Dermatology Clinic 1 and Clinic 2
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain clinic schedules for all providers. Complete the PDC Request information after Providers have emailed information to the Staff Assistant/HCA/SAM/NM. Forward any email requests from providers to HCA/SMA/NM if not previously included to inform the leadership team of the request. Handles the majority of in-basket, scheduling routing, pharmacy routing, and template changes.
- Make updates to Q-Genda as appropriate for all schedule changes. Speak directly to providers regarding scheduling concerns or questions, such as if it is ok to overbook an appointment, rescheduling patients, and urgent needs. Place SCRs for provider template schedule changes, permanent and temporary.
- Act as the primary scheduler for appointments requested through the clinic. Provide patients apts for procedures and send to clinical staff for direction on scheduling if needed. Support the front desk as a backup if staffing is extremely low with direction from HCA and medical director. Provide clerical assistance and have a working knowledge of medical terminology for physicians: Patient letters, appeals for Prior Auths, and other tasks as requested.
- Develop and implement processes to enhance front-end clinic operations and practices for ongoing quality improvement this will include patient access, patient experien,ce and the balanced score card.
- Reconcile Corporate Card transactions held by administrators of DOB by the 25th of every month; alert HCA when completed.
- Submit receipts for providers to Employee Travel and Reimbursements as necessary, and reconcile their departmental discretionary funds.
- Provide support and assist FCC/Clinical Staff with Prior Authorizations daily.
- Reschedule clinics as necessary for all providers. Clinics cancelled that same week should be completely rescheduled within 24 hours; future clinics to be cancelled more than one week away should be completely rescheduled in 24- 48 hrs.
- Assist front desk with check-in during staff shortages.
- Answer e-mail requests from providers within 24hrs; return all voicemails within 24hrs.
- Perform clerical duties as required in support of office functions, including but not limited to composing and typing letters, reports correspondence, maintaining appropriate files, screening and routing mail documents and other duties incidental to the work described above and other duties as assigned.
- Open incoming mail and give to appropriate person. If appears private give to appropriate person/provider.
- Keep and update provider personal files as necessary and alert provider if additional information is needed. This is to include but not limited to DEA, NPI, and Licensure.
- Act as back-up surgery schedulers for all providers; requests to schedule surgeries should be completed within 24hrs of the request; send e-mail confirmation of surgery posting along with scheduled times of Surgical Workup and Pre-Op appointment (as necessary) to provider when complete.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
JOB ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- One-year experience of clerical or general office support required.
The schedule for this position is day shifts, Monday-Friday, with no weekends or holidays.
Some roles within our organization may encompass essential job functions requiring distinct physical and/or mental capabilities. Further details and accommodation requests will be addressed by individual hiring departments.
Duke Health Integrated Practice is dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment, fostering a diverse workforce without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
We aspire to build a community grounded in collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our shared achievements rely on a dynamic exchange of ideas, flourishing best when a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences thrive. Upholding these values is a collective responsibility within our community.
This job description aims to outline representative responsibilities for this title, not an exhaustive account of specific duties. Employees may be assigned job-related tasks beyond those explicitly outlined here.
Uts Temporary Administrative Specialist At Unc Chapel Hill, North Carolina State University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Posting Number PG193986TM Position Number 48KR101 Position Type Temporary Essential Job Duties Job description: We are seeking a highly motivated and organized...
Patient Access Associate, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SA Campus Health Services-650001 Career Area Administrative/Clerical Support Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Date 12/01/202...
Patient Accounts Rep, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, about 18 hours ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SA Campus Health Services-650001 Career Area Administrative/Clerical Support Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Date 11/13/202...
Patient Access Associate, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 5 days ago
Details Posted: 03-Dec-23 Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina Salary: Open Internal Number: 270696 Vacancy ID: P018432 Position Summary/Description: The positions will function primarily as appo...
Admin Support Associate, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department Lineberger Compr Cancer Center - 426801 Career Area Administrative/Clerical Support Posting Open Date 12/04/2023 Application Deadline 12/11/2023 ...
Administrative Assistant, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department School of Journalism and Media - 350100 Career Area Administrative/Clerical Support Posting Open Date 11/22/2023 Application Deadline 12/10/2023 ...