Medicine-CORE-Division of General Internal Medicine
The Project Policy Analyst II takes a lead role in organizing educational and screening events and all SF CAN Prostate activities. Develops and maintains knowledge of and close working relationship with all program partners to encourage their continued engagement and assist them with regard to their program-related activities.
Collects information from program partners and participants and organizes/follow-up as appropriate.
Navigates all men who are screened for prostate cancer by the program or key program partners. This involves calling tested men to explain test result and the follow-up process, and remaining in contact until completion of diagnosis. Detailed tracking and record-keeping is essential.
The Division of General Internal Medicine (DGIM) within Department of Medicine (DOM) has a wide range of clinical, research, and teaching responsibilities. DGIM’s mission is to provide high quality and accessible clinical care, medical teaching to physicians in training, and to conduct cutting-edge research in the aspects of health outcomes related to socioeconomic and ethnic factors. The Division has over 75 faculty and more than six independent research groups or programs.
• BA/BS degree in public health field or a related field, and minimum 1 year of experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent computer skills, including database creation and management (i.e., Excel, Access, EndNote) - proficient in PC platform; demonstrated experience with data management
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience addressing health disparities through research, work in public health, and/or community engagement
• Demonstrated experience working sensitively and effectively with individual adults including those of low health literacy and/or low socioeconomic status
• Must have intensive experience engaging the African American community and a track record of trust among African American community leaders and members. A longstanding and deep level of insight to the cultures of this community is also required
• Demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills
• Prior experience writing reports and project summaries
• Prior experience working with administrative policies and procedures
• Prior experience with project coordination
• Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with individuals from diverse ethnic and professional backgrounds
• Detail-oriented and able to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated record of excellent attendance and punctuality
• Demonstrated superior organizational skills
• Demonstrated skill in independent problem-solving and finding needed resources
• Master's degree in Public Health; Public Administration; Healthcare Management or related health care field
• 6+ months of experience working with community-based organizations
• Knowledge of UCSF systems – like BearBuy, MyExpense, iRIS
• Experience in grant writing and scientific publications
• Experience within UCSF, and knowledge of the institution’s administrative systems
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
007397 PROJECT POLICY ANL 2
Professional and Managerial
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit)
Appointment End Date
Mission Bay (SF), Remote / Telecommute
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, variable hours
Lead Study Abroad Officer (Student Services Professional Iv) Office Of International Programs, The California State University, United States, 28 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505346 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 29, 2021 Closing Date: September 28, 2022 Benefits Link: Academic Support...
Graduation Specialist/Academic Advisor (Student Services Professional Ii) Division Of Undergraduate Education And Academic Pla, The California State University, United States, 21 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505642 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 6, 2021 Closing Date: October 5, 2022 Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit...
Director (Mpp Iii/Administrator Iii) Disability Programs And Resource Center, The California State University, United States, 6 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 506225 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 21, 2021 Closing Date: October 20, 2022 Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Onlin...
Articulation Analyst (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non Exempt) Dean's Office, Dueap, The California State University, United States, 22 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505640 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 5, 2021 Closing Date: October 4, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9...
Outdoor & Leadership Development Coordinator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Exempt I) Campus Recreation, The California State University, United States, 8 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 506130 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 19, 2021 Closing Date: October 18, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7,...
Program Coordinator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non Exempt) Lam Family College Of Business Graduate Programs, The California State University, United States, 11 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505577 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: October 15, 2021 Closing Date: October 14, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7,...