Medicine-CORE-Division of General Internal Medicine
The Project Policy Analyst II takes a lead role in organizing educational and screening events and all SF CAN Prostate activities. Develops and maintains knowledge of and close working relationship with all program partners to encourage their continued engagement and assist them with regard to their program-related activities.
Collects information from program partners and participants and organizes/follow-up as appropriate.
Navigates all men who are screened for prostate cancer by the program or key program partners. This involves calling tested men to explain test result and the follow-up process, and remaining in contact until completion of diagnosis. Detailed tracking and record-keeping is essential.
The Division of General Internal Medicine (DGIM) within Department of Medicine (DOM) has a wide range of clinical, research, and teaching responsibilities. DGIM’s mission is to provide high quality and accessible clinical care, medical teaching to physicians in training, and to conduct cutting-edge research in the aspects of health outcomes related to socioeconomic and ethnic factors. The Division has over 75 faculty and more than six independent research groups or programs.
• BA/BS degree in public health field or a related field, and minimum 1 year of experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent computer skills, including database creation and management (i.e., Excel, Access, EndNote) - proficient in PC platform; demonstrated experience with data management
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience addressing health disparities through research, work in public health, and/or community engagement
• Demonstrated experience working sensitively and effectively with individual adults including those of low health literacy and/or low socioeconomic status
• Must have intensive experience engaging the African American community and a track record of trust among African American community leaders and members. A longstanding and deep level of insight to the cultures of this community is also required
• Demonstrated superior written and verbal communication skills
• Prior experience writing reports and project summaries
• Prior experience working with administrative policies and procedures
• Prior experience with project coordination
• Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with individuals from diverse ethnic and professional backgrounds
• Detail-oriented and able to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated record of excellent attendance and punctuality
• Demonstrated superior organizational skills
• Demonstrated skill in independent problem-solving and finding needed resources
• Master's degree in Public Health; Public Administration; Healthcare Management or related health care field
• 6+ months of experience working with community-based organizations
• Knowledge of UCSF systems – like BearBuy, MyExpense, iRIS
• Experience in grant writing and scientific publications
• Experience within UCSF, and knowledge of the institution’s administrative systems
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
007397 PROJECT POLICY ANL 2
Professional and Managerial
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit)
Appointment End Date
Mission Bay (SF), Remote / Telecommute
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, variable hours
Retention Specialist/Academic Counselor (Student Services Professional Iii) Division Of Undergraduate Education And Academic P, The California State University, United States, 5 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 505641 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: November 22, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Academic Support (...
Registered Nurse (Per Diem, Non Exempt, Healthcare) Student Health Services, The California State University, United States, 11 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 507078 Job Title: Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Time Varies Date Posted: November 16, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7...
Human Resources Business Partner Energy Technologies / Computing Sciences & It, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States, 19 days ago
Berkeley Lab is seeking hands-on Human Resources Business Partners to provide full-cycle Human Resources support and consultation to our Energy Technologies Area; and Computing Sciences Area and I...
Project Coordinator (Associate, Academic And Institutional Studies Iii) Orsp/Special Education, The California State University, United States, 19 days ago
Campus: San Francisco Job ID: 506398 Job Title: Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: November 9, 2021 Closing Date: November 8, 2022 Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9)...
Assistant Director, Stewardship And Donor Reporting, University of San Francisco, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Title: Assistant Director, Stewardship and Donor Reporting Job Summary: JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Senior Director, Donor Services and Stewardship, the Assistant Director is responsible for...
Mechanical Reliability Engineer, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States, 10 days ago
Berkeley Lab’s Facilities Division has an opening for a Mechanical Reliability Engineer to join their Engineering Team! In this role, you will identify and manage asset reliability risks that coul...