School of Medicine Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked sixth among medical schools in the nation, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe. Composed of more than 2,500 faculty physicians and researchers, more than 1,300 students, and more than 6,000 staff, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing, Duke University Health System and the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) comprise Duke Health. a world-class academic medical center. The Health System encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Position term two years, renewal contingent on funding
This position provides project management and operational support, essential to the successful management of quantitative collaboration teams within the Clinical Translational Science Institute (CTSI) and Department of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics (B&B), Epidemiology, and Research Design (BERD) Core. This includes identifying research and business objectives that will support the overall data science infrastructure across the Duke University School of Medicine. This work will include translational or clinical research projects that require the development of organizational and informatics solutions to improve clinical research data management and learning health operations. Close collaboration with and consultation with other functional areas within the department and across Duke and external organizations is necessary.
- Work with BERD leadership, provide organizational support to identify high-priority tasks and develop implementation plans for new initiatives related to the growth and outreach of the BERD.
- Prepare documentation for all processes implemented in the Core to ensure high-quality standards, regulatory and institutional compliance and efficient workflow are followed by all Core staff
- Work alongside faculty to develop program objectives, best practices, and operational solutions that will meet scientific and strategic goals
- With assistance from a biostatistician, develop formal reports that outline the ROI for each MOU based on project tracking data
- Responsible for providing service-oriented support to other functional sub-groups, departments and organizations.
- Take leadership role in BERD initiatives, i.e., technical and process standards development, seminars, outreach initiatives, development of educational materials for data scientists and clinical/translational investigators, professional society administration, industry-related certification programs and event planning and delivery.
- Update the BERD Corewiki with feedback from Core coordinators
- Triage the BERD Core online requests under the guidance of the Director of BERD or a Core coordinator
- Track and report metrics to the Duke CTSI throughout the year
- Support core management in the hiring process for staff and interns
- Work with BERD staff to identify, organize, and disseminate guidelines to foster efficient and easily adopted methods for integrating different types of data (i.e., clinical data, administrative data, imaging, and novel data sources) across systems or organizations.
- Support complex research efforts with significant biostatistics, data science, and informatics components across the Duke community and collaborators.
- Work with IT to ensure BERD is following appropriate data management and storage guidelines and update workflow related to this as appropriate.
- Understand and represent the user perspective when designing technical solutions, facilitate and enhance the discussions with clinical and technical teams.
- Support Core Director and Business office with MoU, effort and related project management
- Support Core leadership with appropriate administrative tasks
25% Project management support
- Organize and coordinate national BERD initiatives that Duke participates in related to improving the biostatistics collaboration process and related infrastructure. Coordinate and facilitate BERD seminars, including working with speakers
- Able to anticipate, identify and provide resolution to complex problems across projects. Identify and work with the appropriate groups internal and/or external to Duke in addressing problems prior to impacting objectives or requiring escalation. Proactively create processes and methods for reducing problems and identify how the problem and resolution impact costs.
- Consult with collaborating organizations and vendors on data integration, related regulations, and implementation of project requirements
- Identify and support the development, adoption and use of tools, templates and best practices across projects.
- Monitor NCATS and related funding agencies to identify RFAs with aligning goals to work conducted in the BERD Core, specifically related to the development of training programs and data science infrastructure.
- Develop methods for project management that can be implemented by BERD staff and faculty to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of collaborations
- Responsible for and provides technical, fiscal, and management oversight for assigned, often complicated projects.
- Design and maintain project plans for outlining methodology and operations for complex projects.
- Initiate, establish, and maintain business relationships with all key stakeholders of the project, whether internal (Faculty and Staff) or external to the organization (collaborators, sponsors, and business partners).
- Work alongside faculty and health system leadership to develop project objectives, methodology and operational solutions to meet scientific and strategic goals.
- Responsible for assuring that timelines, costs, and deliverables of projects are well managed. This may require external relationships and managing subcontracts.
- Develop and maintain expertise in RedCAP, Meistertask, and related data capturing and project management tools.
15% Training Activities Support
- Coordinate and facilitate faculty support for interns, and assist managers with intern recruiting, interviews and onboarding.
- Plan and schedule training sessions, intern activities/events, quarterly intern meetings and intern presentations
- Facilitate evaluation/feedback surveys to supervisors or interns (training evaluation, intern presentation feedback, supervisor feedback, intern exit survey) and summarize the results
- Manage the BCTIP website content
- Organize and facilitate resident workshops by coordinating with CRU representatives and the statistical collaboration team.
30% - Outreach
- Organize internal and external networking events, workshops and seminars
- Conduct regular meetings with BERD faculty and staff collaboration teams, facilitate team meetings, effectively communicate relevant project information to BERD leadership, and tactfully communicate complex/sensitive information.
- Coordinate outreach events needed in the SOM by representatives from the Core and coordinate with other CTSA cores to ensure the alignment of activities and dissemination of outreach materials.
- Communicate and coordinate with the appropriate B&B and CTSI communication specialist to prepare marketing/advertising materials for school-wide outreach events
5% Perform any other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Work requires a Bachelor’s degree; additional training in Project Management or related training is desired.
Preferred training in project management, team science and quantitative sciences such as statistics, biostatistics, public health, epidemiology, bioinformatics, and data science.
Work requires two years of experience in project management with increasing scope and independence
Preferred experience in REDCap and related data capturing and project management tools.
Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
- Excellent written and oral communication with various levels of the organization
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Critical thinker with the ability to analyze data and formulate conclusions, problem solve and resourcefulness
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Collaborative skills
- Strong working knowledge MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Bachelor's degree. Additional training in Project Management or related training is desired.
Two years of experience in project management, with increasing scope OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE and independence.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Zebrafish Research Technician 2, Duke University Medical Center, United States, 29 days ago
AgencyDuke University Medical CenterLocationDurham, NCJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOQLast Date to Apply05/30/2023Websitehttps://careers.duke.edu/job-invite/231973/ DescriptionWork Arrange...
Assistant Or Associate Professor, Environmental Justice, Nicholas School of the Environment - Faculty, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke -NSOEFaculty -EJ [#24884] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Environme...
Section Head, Archival Processing Section, Duke University Libraries, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke -DUL -APSH [#24906] Position Title: Position Type:Open Rank Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Library / Special Collections Sala...
Associate In Research, Psychology and Neuroscience, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke -P&N -AIR_EGNERLAB [#24851] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708-0999, United States [map ] Subject Area: Cognitive Neuroscience App...
Research Associate, Biomedical Engineering, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke -BME -DUKECOULTER [#24827, 1361] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Biomedical Engineering / ...
Assistant Professor, AcademicJobsOnline.Org, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Duke -Humanities and Interpretive Social Sciences -ASSTPROF1 [#24832, 1543] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, ...