Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
This position manages department activities, programs, and projects. The Office of Sustainability Project Manager participates in the development and administration of objectives and strategic goals, serves as professional liaison to internal and external constituents, and builds collaborative relationships supporting project activities.
Examples of Work Performed
● Plans, develops and executes the operation and direction of office programs including the UM Compost Program, Green Grove Gameday Recycling Program and Green Student Intern Program.
● Plans, develops, hosts and assesses major office events such as Green Week and Food Day.
● Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with external organizations.
● Supervises, trains and coordinates the activities of students in the Green Student Intern Program to efficiently and effectively operate office programs.
● Develops and maintains office procedures.
● Creates and updates program budgets; assists in office-wide budgeting; monitors expenses and secures necessary equipment.
● Serves as a professional resource for faculty, students, staff and public in regards to sustainability topical knowledge.
● Develops communications plans for office programs and events. Creates content for website, monthly e-mail newsletter, annual report office, marketing materials and social media. Collects and analyzes data for use in making recommendations, assessing progress, reporting to internal or external parties and/or developing proposals.
● Serves as liaison to external agencies such as the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and administrative departments to conduct business and advance sustainability initiatives at the University of Mississippi.
● Researches possible funding sources and coordinates grant initiatives. Oversees grant development, submission, and performance of requirements as mandated by the grant. Ensures compliance with external funding agencies.
● May be required to travel to various off-campus locations including business and industry sites. Attends related meetings and conferences.
● Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Three (3) years of experience related to the above described duties.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,click here
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Ph D Programme In Health, Safety And Green Systems Academic Year 2021/2022 Alma Mater Studiorum... (# Of Pos: 5), ALMA MATER STUDIORUM - Università di Bologna, Italy, 22 days ago
The PhD programme has a strongly transdisciplinary character, aiming at meeting the growing demand from the social, productive and institutional context for researchers, decision makers and policy...
Te Pou Manawa, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 10 days ago
Kei ngā maunga whakahī, ngā awa e rere ana, ngā moana e papaki tahi ana, tēnā koutou katoa. At Unitec, we are passionate about the power of education to positively change the lives of our students...
E3 Assistant Professor In Global Urbanism , Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin ;, Ireland, 2 days ago
Post Summary The E3 Assistant Professor in Global Urbanism is a strategic post linked to the goals of the E3 initiative and is part of the planned growth in the School of Natural Sciences (SNS) th...
Early Stage Researcher Project: Photo Re Act Msca, Università degli Studi di Pavia, Europe, 20 days ago
Photocatalysis represents a green chemistry alternative as it reduces the environmental impact of hazardous substances in the design and manufacture of chemical products. Funded by the Marie Skłod...
Career Education Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, about 13 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Wissenschaftliche*R Mitarbeiter*In (W/M/D) (Department ‚Wood Technology And Wood Based Composites) (Id 15521), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 23 hours ago
Einrichtung: Department ‚Wood Technology and Wood-based Composites (ID 15521) Ansprechpartner: Prof. Dr. Kai Zhang Besetzungsdatum: 01.09.2021 Veröffentlichungsdatum: 05.05.2021 In the Department ...