Works closely and collaboratively with diverse groups of stakeholders to plan, direct, organize, and execute against project requirements; identifies and acquires necessary resources and coordinates efforts by all parties to ensure timely delivery of project outcomes in accordance with sponsoring source's expectations. Specifically, the Project Manager, Instructional + Graphic Design - (SGA) takes strategic direction from leadership to execute instructional design and graphic design projects which lead and support the Starbucks Global Academy, helping advance the greater Starbucks – ASU relationship.
EdPlus is a unit of the ASU Enterprise focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education. We advance the economic, social, cultural, and overall health of the local, national and international communities served by ASU.
EdPlus at ASU
ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits. Click Here
to explore options.
- Financial Security
- Family Resources
- Tuition Reduction (Eligible ASU Employee, their dependents and spouse.)
EdPlus at ASU Education Core
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$55,510 - $75,00.00 per year; DOE
- Comfortable using software for Instructional Design and Graphic Design projects, for tasks such desktop publishing, image editing, learning object development.
- Plans, develops, implements, and manages project teams through entire project life cycles.
- Recommends effective and creative uses of technologies to enhance instruction and create new learning environments.
- Works closely and collaboratively with diverse groups of key stakeholders to define project scope, strategy, budget, and outcomes; identifies critical resource expertise or needs and targets appropriate internal and/or external sources to ensure optimal outcome(s).
- Edits guides and other instructional materials for grammar, clarity, consistency, and accuracy of content.
- Establishes and continually monitors/manages project expectations with team; proactively assigns tasks and identifies issues for resolution to ensure optimal team effectiveness.
- Proactively acts to overcome challenges, utilizing authority and knowledge of project scope/purpose in decision making; assesses risk while acknowledging impact.
- Prepares and maintains all project status reports and schedules; tracks milestones/deliverables, critical paths and dependencies; re-sets expectations as needed in consideration of project progress/outcomes.
- Coaches and supports all project team members both internal and contracted to ensure optimal outcomes; builds, develops, and maintains relationships vital to project success.
- Ability to work within project limitations such as scope and budget to produce high quality project results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; effectively communicates relevant project information in a professional manner to the business and technical personnel.
- Manages multiple complex projects simultaneously, including ad hoc project requests, in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Oversees the prioritization and production of high-quality, online learning content in partnership with the project’s director, faculty, SMEs, and content creation staff.
- Supports design, development, and evaluation procedures to assess effectiveness of using technologies in teaching and learning processes.
- Demonstrated comfort level with ambiguity and changing timelines and priorities.
- Supports Starbucks Initiatives leadership on special projects as needed to help coordinate activities and projects.
- Collaborative approach to all work and “can-do” attitude.
- Assumes or coordinates other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience; 1 of which are in project management, or any equivalent combination of experience and /or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a bachelor's degree or higher in a related field.
- Experience with graphic design tools like Adobe Creative Cloud, to create and edit infographic and graphic learning objects.
- Experience working with online learning, specifically course development, content development, engagement with instructional designers, or engagement with subject matter experts.
- Experience with project management applications and associated project specific technology requirements, such as Jira, Trello, or Monday.
- Experience working with front-end and back-end of learning management systems and online learning experiences, such as Canvas, edX, or Open edX.
- Experience with global projects, including translation, localization, and maintaining a multi-location course library.
- Experience in managing complex and/or highly visible projects, often with time-sensitive deadlines or shifting priorities.
- Experience in clarifying roles and responsibilities to ensure understanding of expectations.
- Experience in building relationships with key and senior stakeholders, including interpreting ideas to develop specific project deliverables.
- Experience with systems thinking, to develop and refine templates and processes related to instructional design tasks.
- Experience in troubleshooting computer and web technology issues on common platforms.
EdPlus at ASU is located at SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. The center houses a diverse business community that links technology, research, education, and entrepreneurship to position ASU and Greater Phoenix as global leaders in the knowledge economy.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing. Daily use of desktop or laptop computer is required. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
EdPlus at ASU supports flexible work options, ranging from alternate work schedules to hybrid remote work schedules, subject to approvals per ASU policy.
EdPlus defines itself through a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and refusing to accept the status quo. As a central enterprise unit for ASU focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education, our commitments support the university charter. ASU is a national service university and aspires to accelerate positive social outcomes through the seamless integration of cutting-edge technological innovation and scalability.
EdPlus employees are valued, respected, and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in everything we do. We know that our ability to deliver high-quality services and educational experiences is strengthened by the diversity of our employees. Our innovative culture drives outcomes through serving learners, achieving milestones, striving for excellence, solving problems, feeling a sense of urgency, and being bold.
EdPlus at ASU
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; EdPlus at ASU will not be a sponsor for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Digital Solutions Manager (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 9 hours ago
The Digital Solutions Manager at the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) bridges the divide between technology, business, and human processes. Reporting directly to the Director of Digital ...
Design Of Analog In Memory Computing Circuits For Low Power Accelerators Of Machine Learning 2023 Rtda Deib 23, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 17 days ago
21 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Politecnico di Milano Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) ...
Systems Administrator Iv, The University of Arizona, United States, 1 day ago
Sign In Create Profile Systems Administrator IV United States | req18537 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Systems Administrator IV Posting Number req18537 Department Infrastructure Services...
Cloud Computing Engineer Iii, The University of Arizona, United States, 9 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Cloud Computing Engineer III United States | req18390 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Cloud Computing Engineer III Posting Number req18390 Department Infrastructure ...
Lead Graphic Designer And Content Creator, Harvard University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Services, the Graphic Designer and Content Creator will work to advance the creative direction of marketing by designing and executing print collateral and d...
Assistant / Associate / Full Professor In Cybersecurity And Dependability: 2023 2024, KING ABDULLAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Description The Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering Division at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) invites applications for multiple faculty po...