Job TitleProject Manager III
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Project Manager III for Engineering Academies will report to the Director of the Texas A&M Engineering Academies and manages project activities including; complex administrative retention efforts, industry outreach, and liaison coordination with community colleges as it pertains to workforce development programs and opportunities, all while supporting and representing the Engineering Academies.
- Responsible for developing Internship, Externship, and Apprenticeship relationships between industry partners and the Engineering Academies to provide students with applied/practical, certifiable experience to advance their engineering career choices.
- Defines project mission and vision to establish strategic alignments with stakeholders. Also responsible for aligning project with retention goals established with each Engineering Academy location.
- Manages project portfolios in line with business strategies and conducts meetings with stakeholders to schedule and coordinate projects activities. Manages project assurance and scope along with monitoring project budgets and schedules.
- Coordinates and liaison’s partnerships between Engineering Academies and statewide Community Colleges to fulfill workforce development awards, grants, and directives as designated by TEES agreements, especially focusing on current existing partnerships.
- Plans and develops specialized programs such as conferences, seminars, lectures, meetings, and workshops to facilitate project goals. Plans, develops, implements, coordinates, and monitors program or services. Develops and assesses projects as needed.
- Interprets policies, rules, and regulations, and ensures they are followed, and manages/supervises project team, if established as needed.
- Confers and routinely updates Engineering Academy staff members on program issues and problems, and recommends solutions. Coordinates specialized program communications and marketing materials as needed.
- Prepares and maintains special reports, and other documents, and prepares and reviews reports on the effectiveness of program activities.
- Recommends program guidelines, procedures, policies, rules, and regulations. Attends meetings and conferences to discuss the progress of assigned projects.
- Work in partnership with other Workforce Development teams (Spark pk-12, TEES Edge, SAI, etc) as needed to achieve the TEES agreed upon targets/goals.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create strategies to advance student success metrics such as student retention, graduation rates and overall student satisfaction
- Increase visibility and promote the Engineering Academies by establishing and sustaining relationships with other education organizations (schools, higher-ed orgs, counselors, etc), in addition to collaborating with community partners.
- Represent the Engineering Academies at local, national, and international events.
- Assists the program specialists with outreach at partner colleges. Participates in the proposal and submission of grants to help fund Engineering Academy projects and students.
- Travel and some evening and weekend work required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Seven years of related experience.
- Related higher education experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet applications, and project management principles.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Maintains attention to detail and utilizes sound judgment.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Assistant Director For Web Services, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Assistant Director for Web Services Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Asst Vice Chancellor For Public Affairs Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Tex...
Tees Research Engineer I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 9 days ago
Job Title TEES Research Engineer I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Electrical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descri...
Tees Senior Research Engineer Iii Ballistic, Aero Optics, And Materials (Bam) Range, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title TEES Senior Research Engineer III - Ballistic, Aero Optics, and Materials (BAM) Range Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Bush Combat Development Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Comm...
Business Coordinator I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 21 days ago
Job Title Business Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Epo Asst. Dean For Finance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Desc...
Senior Classification And Compensation Analyst, TTI, United States, about 15 hours ago
Job Title Senior Classification and Compensation Analyst Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department TTI Human Resources Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job...
Tees Senior Research Engineer Iii Laser Diagnostics And Directed Energy, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title TEES Senior Research Engineer III - Laser Diagnostics and Directed Energy Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Bush Combat Development Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job...