This is an exciting time to join Princeton as it embarks on an ambitious, multi-year capital program. Princeton University’s Office of Capital Projects (OCP), seeks an experienced Project Managers to join our dynamic staff.
In collaboration with the Program Manager and university stakeholders, the Project Managers (PM) will organize and conduct the architect selection process in concert with the Office of the University Architect and Facilities Finance and Administration for projects over $25,000. On Developer-led projects the PM will coordinate university stakeholder involvement in the developer lead process and will also be responsible for the selection of other professional services as required for a project.
The PM represents the University’s interests throughout the design and construction process and is responsible for the coordination of the University’s efforts and the communication plan for the project, including users, leadership, stakeholders, and external consultants and builders.
The PM is responsible for managing and obtaining all required internal and external project approvals. Working in consultation with the Program Manager, the PM will: determine the appropriate construction format and organize the selection of a designer and/or builder; represent university interests through the design and construction process with internal university groups; serve as primary liaison between project design and construction teams; coordinate any university responsibilities in the field; coordinate the selection and procurement of furnishings and equipment; and facilitate occupancy of the project by the user.
This is a five years benefits eligible position.
*Multiple positions available*
Working closely with university architect, the Vice Provost for Space Planning and Programming and applicable third party developers, the PM will manage capital projects up to approximately $100,000,000, for project categories that may include residential, retail, administrative, academic, and athletic buildings and facilities including:
- Leading the project stakeholders in the creation of the project parameters (including the value proposition, preliminary project objectives, schedule)
- Shepherding the development of the architectural program in consultation with, user group(s) and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Coordinating the project schedule with University stakeholders or a third party developer (when applicable) to meet the agreed-upon milestones and overall schedule.
The PM represents the university’s interests throughout the design and construction process and is responsible for the coordination of the University’s efforts and the communication plan for the project, including users, leadership, stakeholders, and external consultants and builders performing the following duties:
- Project Programming
- Project Design Standards
- Project Governance
- Construction Management
- Risk Management
- Project Scheduling
- Client Relations and Communication
- Project Meetings
- Project Punch and Close Out
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering or construction management.
- A minimum of five years of capital project management experience on higher education projects is required, including design, schedule, and budget management.
- A minimum of 5 years of design, construction, management and budgetary experience on multi-discipline renovation projects is required.
- Ability to lead, collaborate, and otherwise interact effectively with a range of subject-matter experts, including architects, engineers, specialty consultants, contractors, financial specialists, legal counsel and developers.
- Strong working knowledge of the principles of architectural design, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, general knowledge of construction industry practices and procedures,
- Ability to interpret construction documents, and possess a general understanding of applicable construction codes and land use ordinances.
- Ability to negotiate with developers in a principled manner to achieve University goals and objectives while facilitating a fruitful collaboration resulting in a successful project.
- Professional registration as an Architect or Professional Engineer in the State of New Jersey is preferred.
- Experience with Public, Private Partnerships (P3) developer-led capital projects with an understanding of third-party relationships
- Laboratory renovation experience.
- Licenses and Professional Accreditation.
- LEED AP, WELL AP, PMP certification.
- Basic knowledge of Revit and BIM.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
This is a five year term position.
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate’s current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.
Senior Manager, Plant Funds And Property Management, Rutgers University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Senior Manager, Plant Funds and Property Management Job Category Staff & Executive - Finance/Accounting/Purchasing Department Contro...
High Voltage Operations Supervisor, Rutgers University, United States, 21 days ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title High Voltage Operations Supervisor Job Category Staff & Executive - Facilities/Environmental/Maintenance Department IPO-Facilities U...
Director, Information Systems & Technology (Clinical & Business Systems), Rutgers University, United States, 10 days ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Director, Information Systems & Technology (Clinical & Business Systems) Job Category Staff & Executive - Administrative & Support -...
Senior Research & Development Associate, Rutgers University, United States, 2 days ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Senior Research & Development Associate Job Category Staff & Executive - Executive - Presidents & Chancellors Department SAS - Chem ...
Project Manager Ii, Rutgers University, United States, 14 days ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Project Manager II Job Category Staff & Executive - Project/Program Management/Planning Department OIT-Project Management Office Ove...
Operating Engineer Iii, Rutgers University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Operating Engineer III Job Category Staff & Executive - Facilities/Environmental/Maintenance Department IPO-Facilities Utilities Ove...