The Project Manager is part of the Community Education Team at Tilth Alliance, which engages youth, adults and families in hands-on classes, volunteer opportunities and other programming in Seattle and King County, around growing food, environmental stewardship, and cooking and sharing food in community.
This position will play a key role in the Community Education Team, with a focus on managing Tilth Alliance’s class offerings for adults, including providing direct education, coordinating other instructors and managing overall program development. They will also manage the Tilth Alliance community learning garden at the Good Shepherd Center in Wallingford, and support other educational activities and program development at Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands. This position will collaborate with a variety of other Tilth Alliance staff and report to the Community Education Program Manager, who will provide general oversight.
- Manage the adult education class program for Tilth Alliance, working in collaboration with other Tilth staff and instructors to offer a relevant and comprehensive range of classes on vegetable gardening, permaculture, food preservation, cooking and nutrition, urban livestock and related topics.
- Teach hands-on classes for adults on a weekly basis during the growing season, typically on a weeknight or weekend, with a focus on growing food organically in urban settings.
- Create an annual class schedule and budget, develop and implement a marketing plan, identify and pursue new funding opportunities and help to grow the program and continue to meet community needs and achieve Tilth Alliance’s mission.
- Manage the Good Shepherd Center Learning Garden, including garden planning, leading interns and volunteer work parties, developing educational activities and signage, and maintaining and strengthening community partnerships. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Tilth Alliance reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required.
- Support other educational activities, such as youth and family activities, cooking and nutrition programming and educational program development at Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands.
- Attend staff meetings, contribute to board reports and other data tracking, support Tilth Alliance events and advance equity and inclusion in the organization and in community partnerships.
Desired Qualifications and Attributes
- Passion for building a healthy local food community.
- Experience developing curriculum and teaching in informal settings on subjects related to sustainable, regenerative and organic food production.
- Creativity and experience in developing, managing and delivering community-based educational programming.
- In-depth experience in vegetable gardening, farming, permaculture or related fields.
- Experience training, coordinating, and supervising volunteers, interns and staff.
- Ability to speak languages other than English.
- Demonstrated ability and success working with people from a variety of racial, cultural and economic backgrounds, with various lifestyles and sexual orientations.
- Self-directed and able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects that may change based on community need, funding availability and organizational priority.
- Able to work evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce applications.
- Able to transport self and materials to locations throughout Seattle and King County.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Position will remain open until filled.
Tilth Alliance is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that diversity is essential to achieving our mission. Tilth Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Women, people of color, and individuals from under-represented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Statewide Senior Facilitator For Projects And Programs, Washington State University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Employee Type Faculty Title Working Title Statewide Senior Facilitator for Projects and Programs Position Number 129129 College/Area WSU Extension Hiring Unit...
Temporary Assistant Campus Director, Seattle Campus, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Temporary Assistant Campus Director, Seattle Campus - (190670) Description Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Worldwide announces a temporary opportunity at the Seattle Campus location. The As...
Temporary Associate Campus Director, Seattle Campus, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, United States, 9 days ago
Temporary Associate Campus Director, Seattle Campus - (190660) Description Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Worldwide announces a temporary opportunity at the Seattle Campus location. The A...
Statewide Senior Facilitator For Projects And Strategic Initiatives, Washington State University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Employee Type Faculty Title Working Title Statewide Senior Facilitator for Projects and Strategic Initiatives Position Number 129130 College/Area WSU Extensio...