Apply now Job no:528767
Work type:Faculty - Career
Categories:Administrative/Professional, Research/Scientific/Grants, Psychology
Department: Prevention Science Institute
Rank: Research Assistant
Annual Basis: 12 Month
Review of Applications Begins
January 12, 2022; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete applications must include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Please see psi.uoregon.edu for information about our team and current grants.
The Prevention Science Institute (PSI) at the University of Oregon is a multidisciplinary institute focused on understanding human development, preventing behavioral health problems, and implementing effective interventions in community settings. The PSI evolved from the Child and Family Center, which remains as a center within the PSI.
The Project Coordinator (PC) will be involved in organizing key research activities across multiple federally-funded human subjects’ research projects run out of the Portland office of PSI and led by Dr. Beth Stormshak and Dr. Laura Lee McIntyre. These projects are complex and include multi-site projects, longitudinal research studies, newly funded projects, community partnerships, human subjects data activities, and pilot research and development projects. Current funded research projects within the Portland office bring in several million dollars, annually.
The PC will work closely with the research investigator(s), Project Director, Research Administrative Coordinator, and other project staff to implement human subjects’ research activities within the Portland office. This position will assist with: 1) developing project protocols and monitoring the day-to-day coordination of research activities, including regulatory processes such as IRB protocols; 2) new and ongoing development and refinement of instruments, procedures, manuals and piloting projects; 3) providing assessment-related information for grant applications and annual progress reports; and 4) coordinating project staffing, and equipment and supply purchasing. The PC will be responsible for tracking project milestones and ensuring regular meetings occur between the investigative team and team working groups. They will also collaborate with external project staff at other institutions and/or organizations, when applicable to the project.
The PC will also be responsible for recruiting and assessing participants across multiple research studies within the Portland office. Recruitment duties include scheduling interviewer-administered data collection activities with participants, and monitoring the completion of individual data components for their assigned participants. Assessment duties include conducting data collection activities with child and parent participants via phone, virtual applications (e.g., Zoom), and through home visits with study participants. Data collection activities include the collection of digital media-recorded family interactions, interviewer-administered questionnaires, self-administered surveys, and other behavioral and cognitive tasks. The PC is responsible for gathering complete and accurate data from participants and reporting any inconsistencies to their supervisor.
The PC will supervise research assistant staff and/or undergraduate students who conduct participant assessments via a variety of methods (e.g., in-person, phone, survey, virtual), and will train new project staff and students on assessment protocols. The PC will be responsible for the quality control and quality assurance of the research activities, to help ensure that protocols and procedures are reliable through the duration of the project. Where applicable, PC/RA will coordinate clinical trial regulatory materials.
Additional Expectations of the Position:
• This position may require independent travel to locations throughout the metro-Portland area, many of which are not regularly serviced by public transportation. The Project Coordinator must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and appropriate liability insurance.
• This position may require occasional travel between Eugene and Portland or other research sites.
• Flexibility is required in regard to work schedule and time; the applicant must be able to assist lab staff with scheduling challenges as they arise; and accommodate study participants’ availability.
• BA/BS degree with coursework appropriate to the position
• Five years related or equivalent combination of training and experience appropriate to the position including the following: experience coordinating data collection activities and experience conducting standardized assessments.
• Knowledge of subject recruitment and data management in a research-related field
• Exceptional time management skills, with strong attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with overlapping deadlines and frequent interruptions while maintaining a high level of customer service and professionalism
• Excellent planning and project prioritization skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to obtain, provide, or exchange information with project collaborators and staff, including a capacity for sensitivity, confidentiality, and diligence with regard to personnel and human subjects information
• Demonstrated ability to engage with those of different cultures or backgrounds as well as to develop knowledge of, and respect for, those from a broad array of cultures and backgrounds
• Demonstrated ability to learn, understand, explain, and comply with university and government policies, rules, and regulations
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to analyze, summarize, and effectively present data/information
• Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to represent the PSI in a professional manner with a diverse set of stakeholders including, investigators, staff, administrators, students, and research participants
• Strong technical ability and knowledge; high level of competence in managing and organizing computer data files; assessing FTP servers, using study databases, troubleshooting basic technical problems.
• Direct supervisory experience
• 5+ years of participant recruitment experience
• Knowledge of clinical trials regulatory procedures
• Knowledge of participant tracking databases
• Experience working with underserved communities.
• Experience coordinating data collection activities for multi-site projects
• Experience working with both on-site and remote teams
• Experience using Concur Travel Software
• Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, and databases
University of Oregon students and employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For additional information see: https://coronavirus.uoregon.edu/vaccine .
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits .
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination .
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://clery.uoregon.edu/annual-campus-security-and-fire-safety-report .
Reforestation Planning Specialist Resource Assistant: Oregon, Northwest Youth Corps, United States, 16 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyNorthwest Youth CorpsLocationPortland, ORJob CategoryInternshipsSalary$44,957.64/termStart Date06/01/2022Las...
Hematology Malignancy Providence Cancer Institute, , United States, about 5 hours ago
Position Description The Providence Cancer Institute is seeking a full-time board-certified Hematology Oncologist to join its growing team of medical oncologists in Portland Oregon. Qualified cand...
Pacific Northwest National Scenic Trail Program Communications And Data Specialist Resource Assistant (Ra) (Recreation), Northwest Youth Corps, United States, 16 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyNorthwest Youth CorpsLocationPortland, ORJob CategoryInternshipsSalary$19,500/termStart Date06/01/2022Last D...
Landscape Architect/Sustainable Recreation Planner Resource Assistant: Oregon, Northwest Youth Corps, United States, 16 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyNorthwest Youth CorpsLocationPortland, ORJob CategoryInternshipsSalary$16,900/termStart Date06/01/2022Last D...
Snap Ed African Heritage Program Coordinator, Oregon State University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Department EXT Fam/CommHlth OffCmps (HHS) Position Title Coordinator-Outreach Program Job Title SNAP-Ed African Heritage Program Coordinator Appointment Type ...
Transfer Services Manager, Oregon State University, United States, 5 days ago
Position Details Position Information Department Admissions (XEM) Position Title Coordinator-Stud Outrch & Retn Job Title Transfer Services Manager Appointment Type Administrative/Professional Fac...