Location: Portland, Oregon
Internal Number: 23561
The Center for Evidence-based Policy (Center) is a national leader in evidence-based decision- making and policy design. The Center works with state policymakers in more than 25 states to use high-quality evidence to guide decisions, maximize resources, and improve health outcomes. The Center is objective and non-partisan, working in states nationwide to support evidence-based decision-making. The Center does not lobby or accept funding from industry, advocates, or trade associations. Though embedded within OHSU, the Center is entirely self-supporting.
The Center staff members work closely with state and federal policymakers to research existing policies, programs and develop policy options. The Center actively seeks staff partners who share its commitment to evidence, integrity, innovation, tangible results, and products that are independent, high-quality, evidence-based, and effective in meeting decision-makers' needs. The Center actively recruits and retains the highest quality personnel committed and passionate about achieving its mission. The Center strives to be a healthy and thriving work environment where everyone from any background can do their best work. The Center's Project Management Team consists of project leads and project coordinators responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring the Center's many projects using widely accepted project management tools and techniques.
Function/Duties of Position
Project Coordination & Management:
- Responsible for coordination of multiple Center projects.
- Review project assignments and determine scope and diversity of involvement, training and resources needed, necessary contacts, and required activities.
- Identify resources and administrative steps needed for project completion.
- Develop charters, scopes of work, and project plans in consultation with project leads and other stakeholders. Gain approval for charters, scopes of work, and project plans. Initiate projects and coordinate steps to ensure participation of staff and stakeholders.
- Implement multiple aspects of projects as determined in the project plan. This may include developing client materials, organizing project meetings, collecting information, communicating with project team members and clients, etc.
- Monitor project status to ensure progress toward completion and communicate project progress. Identify potential difficulties and determine how to avoid possible risks. Modify project plans and coordinate changes with participants as necessary as unforeseen changes or unexpected developments occur. Document changes to project plans.
- Populate and maintain overall project management tools related to assignedprojects and resources. Handle project file management systems and project close out according to CEbP practices.
- In conjunction with project leads, communicate with resources regarding project plans, timelines, and deliverables
Center Administrative Support:
- Collaborate with other Center staff to maintain records, inventory of supplies, equipment, and materials. Order supplies for Center and its projects.
- Coordinate tasks with program managers and complete tasks upon request.
- Provide administrative support to the Leadership team.
- Plan, coordinate, organize, and prepare schedules, meetings, weekly newsletters, correspondence, travel, seminars, and conferences materials for Center projects.
- Coordinate logistics necessary for internal and external meetings. May include securing meeting space, arranging catering and travel, ensuring technology needs are met, developing and monitoring a registration process, etc.
Communication/Customer Service/Marketing Activities:
- Communicate with internal staff and external clients regarding projects, contracts, scopes of work, work breakdown structures, project status, etc.
- Coordinate project meetings. Represent the Center in project meetings as needed. Seek cooperation and input into projects. Help to build consensus among project participants. Document and distribute content of project meetings (agendas, minutes, timelines, changes to project plans).
- Maintain secure project documents and web tools.
- Draft, edit, proofread, and distribute communication materials for all projects as required.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration or a closely related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience.
- Four years of experience as an executive assistant, administrative analyst, researcher or administrative officer which included administrative duties, provision of technical assistance, or operations review. Two of the required years must have included administration or oversight of an on-going project or program.
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies):
- Extensive & efficient computer applications/software skills, including: MS Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, GoTo, WebEx, and online survey tools.
- Ability to create simple databases and maintain existing ones. Ability to create flow charts and algorithms. Proficiency in electronic records cataloging and filing systems.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies):
- Knowledge and experience in project management.
- Experience working with government agencies.
- Experience developing project plans and monitoring and reporting on project progress.
- Experience troubleshooting complex technical and logistical issues in large projects and client meetings.
- Extensive experience in event/meeting planning and management including working with diverse constituencies (national and international speakers, high level political figures, revenue clients, collaborating organizations, consultants, and subcontracting agencies).
- Experience negotiating with vendors.
- Dependability and ability to function as part of a team as well as independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent writing, editing, and word processing experience.
- Ability to travel out of state for meetings as needed.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Career Advancement Coordinator, University of Oregon, United States, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:532607 Work type:Officer of Administration Location:Portland, OR Categories:Academic Advising/Support, Student Life/Services Department: UO Portland Office of the Vice President A...
Portland Facility Operations Assistant, Oregon State University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Job Title Portland Facility Operations Assistant Appointment Type Student Employee Job Location Portland Position Appointment Percent 100% Appointment Basis 1...
Assistant Professor, College Of Arts And Sciences Latinx History, Vancouver Campus, Washington State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Available Title(s): 270-NN_FACULTY - Assistant Professor Business Title: Assistant Professor, College of Arts and Sciences-Latinx History, Vancouver Campus Employee Type: Faculty Time Type: Full t...
Student Success Coach, Engaged Learning And Career Action Center, Vancouver Campus, Washington State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Available Title(s): 1481-YN_ADMINPRO - Student Services Coordinator/Advisor 1 Business Title: Student Success Coach, Engaged Learning and Career Action Center, Vancouver Campus Employee Type: Admi...
Clinical Partnership Liaison, University of Oregon, United States, about 4 hours ago
Apply now Job no:532687 Work type:Officer of Administration Location:Portland, OR Categories:Child Development, Psychology Department: The Ballmer Institute for Children's Behavioral Health Appoin...
Impact Stem Project Manager, College Of Arts And Sciences, Vancouver Campus, Hybrid, Or Remote, Washington State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Available Title(s): 1138-YN_ADMINPRO - Coordinator Business Title: IMPACT STEM Project Manager, College of Arts and Sciences, Vancouver Campus, Hybrid, or Remote Employee Type: Admin. Professional...