Stanford ChEM-H is an interdisciplinary institute focused on connecting Chemistry, Engineering, and Medicine for Human Health. The institute was founded as a joint venture of the Schools of Medicine, Engineering, and Humanities and Sciences. The proximity of world-class biologists, chemists, engineers, and clinicians at Stanford presents a unique opportunity to study human biology at a molecular level, to translate this knowledge into groundbreaking discoveries that advance our understanding of and ability to improve human health. Stanford ChEM-H has partnered with Stanford Medicine to launch a bold new translational research initiative – Stanford’s Innovative Medicines Accelerator (IMA). IMA aims to accelerate the translation of scientific discoveries at Stanford University into new therapeutics that impact human health while improving our understanding of human biology.
Our VPDoR Diversity Journey:
- We create a hub of innovation through the power of diversity of disciplines and people.
- We provide equitable access and opportunity to all members of the community in order to do their best work, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We listen to and value all colleagues who bring diverse perspectives to the advancement and development of a respectful community.
- We promote a culture of belonging, equity, and safety.
- We embed these values in excellence of education, research, and operation.
The Project and Knowledge Management Specialist will lead the evaluation, design, and process implementation of project management and knowledge management tools to support the complex program needs of Stanford ChEM-H.
In this position, you will be a critical member of the Stanford ChEM-H operations team supporting scientific leaders who need to implement project management and data tracking tools across an exciting portfolio of research and training programs. You will be customer service oriented, technically skilled, and excited about deploying technological solutions and data visualization tools to allow leaders to assess the progress and impact of critical programs. You should be comfortable working with highly technical scientific and engineering faculty, staff, and students; have experience implementing and optimizing project management and knowledge management tools; and have excellent time management and organizational skills. If you are a proactive self-starter, comfortable with autonomy, and embrace opportunities to tackle new problems and challenges as part of a dynamic team in a start-up-like environment in an academic setting, come join us at Stanford ChEM-H!
- Perform the full range of project management cycle: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and controlling, and closing. Lead the planning and operations for project management and knowledge management solutions demonstrating significant expertise in business solutions and data management systems.
- Direct development of an action plan, and estimate requirements for resources, including management, labor, materials, and time required to complete project. Evaluate programmatic operations and procedures to identify and deploy new IT project and knowledge management solutions. Collaborate with application developers, end users, vendors, and management to ensure the creation and delivery of business intelligence solutions. Identify issues and develop alternative solutions which may include changes to programs, policies, and procedures.
- Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals. Perform assigned activities involving decision support systems, query and reporting, online analytical processing, data profiling, statistical analysis, forecasting, and data mining. Develop insightful reports, dashboards, scorecards, and/or ad hoc analyses and clean and transform data as required to deliver meaningful information.
- Facilitate discussions and negotiations to drive recommendation consensus within scope of responsibility. Represent the project and knowledge management functions across diverse major projects within Stanford ChEM-H and external groups by committing resources and providing information and training on use of tools. Represent the project and knowledge management needs and plans of ChEM-H to university IT, web services, and fundraising colleagues and serve as the point person for relevant external vendors.
- Develop and help execute comprehensive change management strategy and communication plan relative to project scope and partners on a focused project; actively manage resistance to change. Manage and contribute to the development of outreach strategy that may include relationship development with external vendors and communications and compliance with university data compliance and network teams.
- Oversee project budgets; integrate financial tracking into project management tools for the organization.
- Assess training needs and may develop associated training for users of relevant tools.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in a related field and three years of related experience in management of projects of moderate size/complexity with limited performance risk, including project planning, scheduling, tracking, and budgeting, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budget goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills including leading projects and implementing the full project management cycle and associated tools.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge in project management, computer systems, business processes, workflow, enterprise applications, and database driven applications.
Experience with Smartsheet, Tableau, or other project management, data management, and data visualization tools.
In depth knowledge and ability to use business analytic tools such as OBIEE, business objects, Informatica, Tableau, etc.
Experience leading agile development projects involving diverse technical user groups and external vendors to implement new solutions.
Experience with knowledge management and project management related to biopharmaceutical drug development.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certified completion of a Project Management Certificate program, or certification in process.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May require extended hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founding Dean, Stanford University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Stanford University Founding Dean Stanford University invites applications and nominations for the position of Founding Dean of a School focused on climate and sustainability. The mission of the S...
Assistant Director, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 17 hours ago
Position Description: The Stanford Biosciences Grant Writing Academy (https://grantwriting.stanford.edu ) supports postdocs and graduate students writing grants. Our programing empowers trainees t...
Laboratory Manager Bertozzi Lab, HHMI, United States, about 18 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a highly motivated, experienced La...
Simultaneous Spinal Cord Brain F Mri, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 17 hours ago
Stanford University, Systems Neuroscience & Pain Laboratory, Stanford, California Position Description: Systems Neuroscience & Pain Laboratory at Stanford University (SNAPL) is actively recruiting...
Wildlife Biologist For Seabird Project, Humboldt State University Sponsored Programs Foundation, United States, about 6 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyHumboldt State University Sponsored Programs FoundationLocationFremont, CaliforniaJob CategoryFull time Posi...
Wildlife Biologist For Seabird Project, Humboldt State University Sponsored Programs Foundation, United States, 11 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyHumboldt State University Sponsored Programs FoundationLocationFremont, CAJob CategoryFull time PositionsSal...