Updated: about 1 month ago
Location: Oakland, CALIFORNIA
Deadline: 07 Feb 2021
|Instructional Technology Coordinator|
|$24.81 - $48.70 hourly|
Under the general direction of the Director of Instructional Media and Services (IMS), the Instructional Technology Coordinator provides instructional technology support to over 300 School of Law faculty and staff, guests, dignitaries, and over 1200 students in various academic programs. The IMS team, which is made up of both full-time staff and student workers, advocates and supports the use of technology, which includes hardware, software, and A/V equipment, in School of Law classrooms and other learning spaces. The IMS team provides 1st and 2nd tier support, handling inquires related to educational technology, such as video and web conferencing, classroom A/V equipment, video and audio recordings, productivity and collaboration software, etc. IMS works closely with other internal teams within the School of Law to ensure issues and requests are resolved as quickly as possible.
The Instructional Technology Coordinator will also have the expertise to perform hands-on support tasks, resolve technical problems, monitor service requests, program and operate A/V systems, develop middleware to integrate backend software systems, and provide training and documentation. Incumbent works closely with School of Law faculty and staff to understand course objectives and technical requirements and to provide direct support including setting up, configuring, programming, testing, designing, and troubleshooting A/V equipment, network, computers, and software systems in classrooms and other learning spaces for instructions, seminars, workshops, and conferences. This position will provide:
* Support for in-class web/video conferences and coordinate and assist with recording and live streaming activities.
* Video and audio production services for the creation of faculty blogs, special events, and School of Law promotional materials.
* Gather technical requirements.
* Coordinate rehearsal and day-of-event activities with instructors and other School of Law departments.
* Day-of-event technical support and operations of A/V equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and smooth flow of event.
* Ensure all A/V systems are in good working condition and repair as needed.
The IMS department's normal operations typically covers 7am to 7pm M-F, so incumbent is expected to occasionally work outside of normal office hours and/or weekends, as needed.
Systems Support Manager Accad, The Ohio State University, United States, 6 days ago
Ohio State launched a new application system, powered by Workday, on January 3, 2021. This update makes it easier for you to see and apply for openings across both The Ohio State University and Oh...