Center for East Asian Studies
The Program Specialist in the Center for East Asian Studies Program will include a variety of job duties such as: developing and editing Center publications, marketing, and social media promotions, assisting with grant data collection and reporting, and working with the Center director on special projects as assigned. The Working Title used internally would be "Program Assistant."
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
30% - Develop Center publications, marketing, and social media promotions.
- Create, coordinate, and disseminate all Center advertisements, including event flyers and the CEAS Annual Report
- Write and disseminate weekly e-newsletters and maintain the Center’s email lists for campus and community.
- Administrate CEAS social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) and content updates.
- Supervise and maintain the Center’s website. Coordinate with other KU units as needed on University-wide technical and design updates to website.
- Assist with creation and dissemination of publicity for CEAS programs, events, and East Asian courses at KU, including updating information on KU and community calendars as needed.
- Facilitate communications with other KU departments as needed to promote events.
20% - Event Planning and Execution
- Plan, coordinate, staff, and promote center events, including but not limited to outreach programming on campus. Work jointly with other units, including but not limited to shared programming, communications, and data collection, to develop and implement area studies initiatives.
- Record attendance details and build contact lists for networking and Center projects.
- Represent CEAS on campus and at community events, including on occasional weekends and evenings.
20% - Provide support for grant writing, reporting and administration.
- Conduct background research and data gathering for Center initiatives and grant applications.
- Assist in researching, developing, and writing grant proposals, including but not limited to Title VI grants.
- Assist director and other Center staff with grant reporting for active grants, including the Title VI NRC and FLAS reports.
- Collect, compile, and report enrollment, outreach, graduation, and evaluation data and other information from various University sources, including information on faculty activities and research for grant reports.
10% - Budget
- Assist with reimbursement requests in collaboration with the SSC and KUCR
- Assist with handling CEAS receipts and other relevant budget information in collaboration with the SSC
15% - Administrative Assistance
- Schedule for the Director as necessary
- Check, respond, and forward inquiries to appropriate sources to CEAS as fit
5% - Other
- Other duties as assigned
- Tasks may involve lifting up to 20 pounds and walking
1. Work experience that required the planning and organization of special events and/or projects.
2. Work experience communicating with a variety of audiences (K-16, local communities, businesses, etc.).
3. Work experience managing websites and social media.
4. Proficiency in an East Asian language
5. Flexible work schedule to accommodate occasional regional travel and attendance at evening or weekend events.
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application package will include a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references.
Application deadline has been extended through December 10, 2020. For consideration, please apply by this date.
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
M-F 40 hours
Conditions of Employment
Contingent on Funding
Work Location Assignment
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu , 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.
Manager, Kansas Geologic Sample Repository Wichita, University of Kansas, United States, about 15 hours ago
Kansas Geological Survey Position Overview Manage the Kansas Geologic Sample Repository (KGSR) operations and represent the Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) as an extension of the activities in the ...