Job TitleProgram Specialist I - Special Events & VIP Visit Coordinator
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
DepartmentEvents and Donor Relations
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
This position is a member of Texas A&M Engineering's marketing and communications team and is assigned to the Office of Special Events and Alumni Relations. This position is responsible for managing, planning, implementing, and executing special events, programs, and VIP visit experiences for the Texas A&M University George H.W. Bush Combat Development Complex (BCDC); and supporting departmental and donor/alumni related events for the Texas A&M College of Engineering as necessary. This position will require attendance at weekend and evening events.
This position is located at the Texas A&M RELLIS Campus in Bryan, Texas
- Plan, implement and execute special events, programs, and VIP visit experiences for BCDC and the College of Engineering.
- Interface with BCDC and college leadership to establish goals and agendas, and oversee their implementation.
- Create and execute day-to-day operational tasks including reserving space, assisting in travel accommodations, providing onsite day-of event support, and other event-related work.
- Develop logistics, timelines, communications and programming.
- Schedule and prepare leadership participants and other event speakers.
- Manage guest registrations and data.
- Supervise, direct and coordinate vendors such as caters, florists, audio/visual technicians and venue coordinators.
- Manage project fulfillment for event collateral including invitations, nametags, place cards, printed programs, electronic communications and signage.
- Initiate post-event analysis, budget summaries and participation feedback.
- Ensure high quality, professional, effective events, including troubleshooting problems in a timely manner using tact and discretion.
- Support departmental and donor/alumni relations events, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- No prior experience required.
- Related experience in event coordination and execution.
- Solution-oriented with exemplary hospitality and customer service skills.
- Experience with planning, implementing, and executing events.
- Ability to work independently, as well as complete projects by enlisting the cooperation of others.
- Ability to analyze artistic styling needs to accomplish a specific purpose.
- Strong situational awareness and the ability to prioritize and stay composed under pressure.
- Military experience is helpful; especially as it pertains to understanding ranks, protocols, customs, and diplomacy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and commitment to quality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to track numerous details, employ critical thinking, adapt quickly, and use creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to be organized and be detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of etiquette, protocol, and conventional social amenities.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force, frequently lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds; requires a good deal of walking or standing.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Special Events Program Specialist I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 20 days ago
Job Title Special Events Program Specialist I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Events and Donor Relations Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type S...
Tees Research Engineer (Level I Iv), Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Title Tees Research Engineer (Level I-IV) Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Bush Combat Development Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job T...
Regional Workforce Coordinator, Texas A&M Care, TAMHSC, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Regional Workforce Coordinator, Texas A&M Care Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Rural and Community Health Institute Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job ...
Assistant Director, Rural Medicine Outreach, TAMHSC, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Assistant Director, Rural Medicine Outreach Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Office of the Dean Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas...
Rural Medicine Administrative Coordinator Ii, TAMHSC, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Rural Medicine Administrative Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Office of the Dean Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texa...
Ti Program Manager Psychology Internship, TAMHSC, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title TI Program Manager - Psychology Internship Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department HSC Telehealth Institute Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, ...