This position manages dispute resolution programs and projects for MOPC with the following responsibilities as relevant to specific programs: program and process design; program/project management; grant-making; monitoring and evaluation; processing inquiries and referrals; conducting intakes, screenings and assessments; assigning/overseeing practitioners; coordinating mediations; designing and coordinating practitioner and stakeholder trainings; managing the work of qualified affiliate practitioners and community mediation centers; handling sponsor relationships, data collection and reporting. In addition, the program manager is periodically assigned by the Executive Director to deliver mediation, facilitation and training services for special MOPC conflict resolution and public engagement initiatives.
Examples of Duties:
- Program Management: development of program policies, procedures, forms, criteria and scopes of work for grants and contracts; conducting program outreach including social media and creating program/office website content; responding to inquiries; screening cases; determining appropriateness/eligibility of matters; scheduling mediations, dialogues, restorative circles; assigning, supervising, overseeing mediators/moderators and community mediation centers services; mediating/facilitating as needed; administering participant evaluations; collecting case forms; planning and leading meetings with program partners; overseeing the data collection preparing program reports to sponsors; coordinating sponsor relations; assisting with program evaluation, budget advocacy and fundraising; creating and managing shared program resources; attending to financial and operational functions related to programs; and participating in collaborative initiatives in relevant fields as feasible.
This position manages one or more of the following MOPC programs:
- affordable housing development mediation program
- agricultural mediation program
- community mediation center grant program
- housing mediation program
- parent mediation program
- reentry mediation program
- public deliberation program
- youth conflict resolution & restorative practices program
- Program Capacity Building Management: preparation of capacity building project designs, proposals and budgets; planning; fundraising (as needed); project/grant management; coordinating engagement of MOPC affiliate practitioners, community mediation centers, students and other project partners; convening meetings; delivering educational sessions; preparation project updates; data collection and reporting; and assisting with evaluation.
This position manages one or more of the following MOPC projects:
- diversity, equity & inclusion
- cloud-based case management system
- websites & social media
- Training Project Management (on occasion): preparation of training proposals and budgets; planning and training curriculum design; development of agendas, exercises, role-plays, handouts; coordination of logistics; selection of trainers and participation on training team; preparation of training materials; administration and analysis of training participant evaluations; debrief of trainings; preparation of training reports; and assisting with evaluation.
- Facilitation Project Management (on occasion): preparation of collaborative project proposals and budgets; planning, assessment and framing of issues, including interviews with sponsors, conveners and key participants; meeting invitations/notices; preparation and distribution of agendas and other materials; monitoring attendance; facilitating meeting discussions; taking notes; administering participant questionnaires; preparing meeting summaries and reports; and assisting with evaluation.
Required: Bachelor’s degree and minimum of four (4) years of administrative or managerial experience in mediation/conflict resolution program management, involving program design and administration, screening and assessment, mediation, training and supervision of practitioners. Certificate of completion of thirty hours of mediation training required. Experience as a mediator and conflict resolution trainer required. Facilitator of multi-party collaborative processes required.
- Master’s degree with a major in conflict resolution or a closely related field, law or public policy.
- Training and/or experience in conflict coaching, restorative justice, and deliberative dialogues.
- Knowledge of Massachusetts state and local government.
- Fundraising/grant-writing experience.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential or sensitive information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse professional population, including governmental officials, civic leaders, community groups, attorneys, dispute resolution practitioners, and members of the public.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Strong organizational, writing and computer skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge or experience with outreach and promotional materials and tools, including websites.
- Ability to use and develop contacts databases and social media.
- Ability to draft press releases and articles for publication.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Only Internal candidates in the Professional Staff Bargaining Unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Salary Ranges for the appropriate Pay Grade can be found at the following link:
This is an exempt union position.
All official salary offers must be approved by Human Resources.
UMass Boston requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and to confirm proof of their vaccination status. Exemptions from the vaccine requirement will be permitted only for qualifying religious or medical reasons. Regardless of vaccination status, you must wear a face covering in public indoor spaces on campus.
Area Coordinator, Brandeis University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Brandeis University seeks to hire an Area Coordinator to work to provide students with a safe and comfortable living environments on campus. This person will advise, support and guide students and...
Director Of Human Resources, Harvard University, United States, about 15 hours ago
25-Jan-2022 Harvard School of Dental Medicine 56983BR Job-Specific Responsibilities Reporting to the Dean for Administration and Finance, the Director of HR leads a three-person team and provides ...
Human Resources Business Partner, Tufts, United States, about 14 hours ago
Human Resources Business Partner - (22001033) Description In support of the University's mission to be a high quality educational and research institution, Human Resources partners with University...
Program Manager, Executive Education, Harvard University, United States, 10 days ago
13-Jan-2022 Harvard Business School 56860BR Job-Specific Responsibilities Harvard Business School (HBS) is a world leader in providing transformative leadership training to organizations across th...
Human Resources Business Partner, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, 6 days ago
Working at MIT offers opportunities, an environment, a culture – and benefits – that just aren’t found together anywhere else. We value diversity and strongly encourage applications from individua...
Associate Project Manager, Harvard University, United States, 24 days ago
30-Dec-2021 University Administration 56607BR Job Summary The Associate Project Manager (APM) is responsible for coordinating and executing projects of varying size and complexity at the Arnold Ar...