Program Mgr Research
The Science Foundation Arizona Center for STEM is looking for a Program Manager, Research to closely and collaboratively with Principal Investigator(s), research team, and other stakeholders to plan, direct, organize, and execute against project requirements; identifies and acquires necessary resources and coordinates efforts by all parties to ensure timely delivery of project outcomes in accordance with sponsoring source's expectations.
SFAz Center for STEM
KNOWLEDGE ENTERPRISE DEV
Grant Funded Position
This is a grant funded position. Continuation is contingent on future grant funding.
$61,945 - $73,000 per year; DOE
- Plans, develops, implements, and manages a project team through complete task definitions and work requirement identification and assignments.
- Works closely and collaboratively with key stakeholders to define project scope, strategy, budget, and outcomes; identifies critical resource expertise and targets appropriate internal and/or external sources to ensure optimal outcome(s).
- Establishes and continually monitors/manages project expectations with team; assigns tasks and identifies issues for resolution to ensure optimal team effectiveness.
- Prepares and maintains all project status reports and schedules; tracks milestones/deliverables, critical paths and dependencies; re-sets expectations as needed in consideration of project progress/outcomes.
- Responds to all inquiries regarding project status; prepares all regulatory reporting/filings to ensure compliance.
- Manages, coaches, and supervises all project team members both internal and contracted to ensure optimal outcomes; builds, develops, and maintains relationships vital to project success.
- Works collaboratively with Principal Investigator(s) to engage leadership, associated scientists and other research related staff to define and identify all required project infrastructure including, but not limited to: space, build/reconfiguration of laboratory facilities, equipment, technology and instrumentation to ensure timely availability for successful launch and ongoing project operations.
- Prepares all post-project reports, budget allocations and summaries/filings to ensure timely dissemination of information to all interested parties.
- Coordinates project activities; assists in execution. Identifies trends, anticipates and responds to project risks and results.
- Organizes tasks, responsibilities and outcomes; documents activities and tracks progress.
- Prepares and summarizes project budgets.
- Fosters team effectiveness by acting to develop an environment that promotes the effectiveness and morale of the team
Bachelor's degree in a related field and 7 years related experience; 4 of which include project management of technical or scientific endeavors.
- Evidence of a Bachelor's degree and 2 years related experience; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Experience in noticing, analyzing and anticipating concerns and potential team and/or sponsorship conflict; escalates as appropriate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of available project management applications to effectively and efficiently produce desired results.
- Experience in identifying opportunities for use of solutions to improve efficiency and reduce errors.
- Experience in developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships among team members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic project management principles, methods and techniques as applied to a specific project.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing practices and principles
- Evidence of effective customer service demonstrated through actively listening, acknowledging and communicating
- Experience in communication assessment, editing, research and summary;
- Evidence of effective communication, and oral/written/media presentation
- Experience in working collaboratively with internal and external committees, faculty, staff and community members.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching, and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
- Regular review of completed tasks.
For the fifth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all five years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. http://research.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Fire Management Consultant Municipal Technical Advisory Service (Mtas), University of Tennessee, United States, 1 day ago
Fire Management Consultant - Municipal Technical Advisory Service (MTAS) - 210000021J Description Fire Management Consultant - Municipal Technical Advisory Service (MTAS) Regular, Full-time, Marke...
Software Developer (Keep+ Associate), Dms, University of Essex, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
Software Developer (KEEP+ Associate), DMS Department of Mathematical Sciences THE PROJECT The University of Essex in partnership with Fisk Group offers an exciting opportunity to a graduate with t...
Web Analyst Ii(Extended Temporary), The University of Arizona, United States, 1 day ago
Sign In Create Profile Web Analyst II(Extended Temporary) 2 Locations Available | req7496 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Job available in these locations: Tucson, AZ, United States United...
Fire & Restoration Practitioner Iii: Vancleave, Ms, The Nature Conservancy, United States, 16 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyThe Nature ConservancyLocationVancleave, MSJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryNegotiableLast Date to Apply...
Research Officer, Faculty Of Education, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Work type: Full-time Department: Faculty of Education (10000) Categories: Academic-related Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Research Officer (holding the title of Project Manager)...
Ph.D. Reseracher, FAPESP - São Paulo Research Foundation, Brazil, 28 days ago
This research is part of project 64 GHG - D.1 from the Research Center for Gas Innovation (RCGI), entitled “Greenhouse gas emissions in the Amazon and data analysis system and services”. In this p...