Harvard Medical School
The Harvard Macy Institute sponsors 6 annual professional development programs for faculty involved in the training of health care professionals at all levels of the academy (undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education).
The Macy Institute’s programs are considered to be the premier health care professions faculty development activity in the world and, as such, annually attract a large number of national and international applicants for a limited number of seats. The total annual enrollment across all courses ranges from 300-325 participant scholars. The number of faculty, dependent on the number of participant scholars in a given program, generally totals about 140 annually who offer their time and expertise to the Institute. About 80% of the faculty are drawn from the alumni community and serve as speakers, small group facilitators, and elective faculty and in this sense the mission of the Institute has truly become a community effort and a primary reason for maintaining and mentoring the Institute alumni base.
• Plan and execute all marketing strategies for each course with internal and external vendors
• Plan and strategize the course development process for each course.
• Design all planning meeting agendas and follow up with each action item in the construction of the courses.
• Design strategies for faculty recruitment for each course
• Respond to inquiries from potential applicants. Develop all course correspondence sent to applicants, attendees, and faculty. Develop logistic materials, and course evaluations. Work with printer on course handouts; upload course syllabus and faculty presentations to Content Management System. Make all small group assignments. Arrange all course social events, course catering, and AV requirements. Determine conference space and breakout space needs and book space accordingly. Arrange for hotel blocks during course. Make & implement QI recommendations.
• Develop & manage Institute budgets of over $1 million, identifying & implementing cost savings strategies to ensure that expenditures remain within budget projections. Negotiate contracts with vendors, utilize & synthesize financial data and make QI recommendations. Provide financial & budgetary reports to Institute director, university financial office, or funding agencies. Will develop grant applications and reports. Provide additional financial support as needed.
• Manage & implement information technology & software systems that support course & administrative activities. Research, recommend & update systems that will help with course & administrative efficiencies. Oversight of HMI website and development of content for Institute online newsletter.
• Serves as HMI representative at annual conferences, organizes exhibits, academic activities, and social events. Staffs the exhibit table & social events, answering questions on HMI programs, recommendations of programs to attend. Arranges for the delivery of exhibit materials to conference center and back to Boston. Develops materials for exhibit. Contributes to the Institute goals by accomplishing related duties as required. Serve as liaison between the Institute and its growing community of over 5000 scholars and faculty.
Bachelor's degree in related field and/or equivalent level of training and experience in educational or conference management. 5 or more years of related experience required. Occasional travel required representing Institute at conferences. Occasional weekend, early morning and late evening work required based upon program schedules.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
Experience with project planning in a continuing education setting; experience developing and financially managing courses, conferences, workshops and special events; experience preparing & managing budgets to meet financial goals; must have computer skills such as word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet navigation and an understanding of social media; must be able to work independently using appropriate and decisive judgment, handle numerous projects and details and prioritize according to needs; must be a team player and have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and have the ability to manage and handle on-the-spot changes and emergencies in a professional and effective manner. Flexible 35-hour week schedule, dependent upon program schedules.
This Staff role may start as a remote position due to the COVID-19 pandemic and while restrictions are still in place. The current remote nature of this role is considered temporary and may change as the University continues to evaluate options. While we continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 guidelines, local on-campus work may be expected for some roles. Harvard Medical School does support flexible schedules, subject to individual departments’ business needs.
Harvard requires COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/ .
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
USA - MA - Boston
358057 Admin Pro/Indiv Contrib
Harvard Macy Institute
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Credit, Criminal, Education, Identity
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Administrative Assistant 2, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 2 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II, Chemistry, to assist the academic administrator with administration o...
Program Coordinator, Digital Deliveries, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 2 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. PROGRAM COORDINATOR, DIGITAL DELIVERIES, Sloan School of Management-Executive Education, to collab...
Internship Placement Manager, University of Massachusetts Boston, United States, about 22 hours ago
General Summary: The Internship Placement Manager is a full-time position within the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD). The manager will primarily provide support for identifying i...
Assistant Director, Digital Deliveries, Executive Education, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 2 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, DIGITAL DELIVERIES, EXECUTIVE EDUCATION, Sloan School of Management-Executive ...
Research, Education, And Training (Ret) Operations Associate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 3 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE, Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL), to support the education and ...
Coordinator, Digital Product Management Certificate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States, about 2 hours ago
Information on MIT’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement can be found at the bottom of this posting. COORDINATOR, DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE, Sloan School of Management-Action Learning, t...