- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking a Program Manager to join our team in a full time position. The Incumbent will work for the Division of Pediatrics Hematology, Oncology and Blood Marrow Transplant (BMT) at Columbia University Irving Medical Center and support the International Initiative for Pediatrics and Nutrition (IIPAN).Columbia University Irving Medical Center’s Department of Pediatrics is a world leader in providing care for children. Our mission areas include Healthcare, Education and Research. We offer care for our patients in over 25 specialty areas as well as individualized care for complex cases. Our Residency, Fellowship and Graduate programs are among the best in the Nation. Our Clinical, Translational and Basic Science research features collaborations across specialties and stretches from the bench to bedside. We also have several active Clinical trials available to our patients. The individual would support the Program for advancing nutritional health in children located in low- and middle-income countries. The candidate would advance IIPAN’s offers of international as well as domestic educational opportunities in academic medical institutions abroad. Current active programs are located in Central and South America, Africa, and several countries in Southeast Asia. The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing the infrastructure of IIPAN, coordinating and overseeing site implementation, overseeing data collection, directing program evaluation, and designing, coordinating, and implementing regional educational activities. The candidate will also serve as a mentor to graduate students at Columbia University who may be interested in global health activities. The candidate will manage projects with the Columbia Global Centers to advance regional nutrition initiatives where these centers are located. The candidate will work within the Cancer Center at CUIMC to harmonize global health activities (education and research) within adult and pediatric oncology. Additionally, the candidate will work alongside the domestic team of research clinicians (through the Integrative Therapies Program), where the candidate will be involved with domestic research projects, nutrition clinical care and education of patients in the Division of Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology, and perform other administrative duties as needed.
The individual will be responsible for day-to-day administrative and research activities related to the program including:
- Ensure smooth, well-organized, and efficient running of the program.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the IIPAN program, ensuring clear and regular communication with all 30 collaborating sites.
- Candidate will have each IIPAN affiliate at each of the planned 30 sites reporting directly to the candidate. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that IIPAN affiliates are adhering to the program stipulations (outlined in the MOU) and ensure timely data collection and reporting for each IIPAN site.
- Provide management of IIPAN budget planning, fund expenditures, in keeping with CUMC fiscal policies.
- Support efforts to publicize and expand global education efforts in nutritional competencies.
- Participate in programmatic strategic planning and in all endeavors involving global education, expansion, training, research, and publicity/fundraising.
- Coordinate and ensure data quality for research agenda.
- Establish monitoring/evaluation protocol, set up in REDCap, and establish the evaluation of nutritional education trainings.
- Organize and manage site visits and itineraries for business travel.
- Oversee the provision of nutritional workshops.
- Directly supervise the IIPAN program coordinator as well as each of the IIPAN affiliates located at the 30 IIPAN sites.
- Candidate will be responsible for identifying grant opportunities, drafting content for the grant application for review by IIPAN director, and ensuring timely submission.
- Candidate will be responsible for overseeing flow of scientific publications and creating drafts as necessary.
- Responsible for the development of student mentoring programs for students within CUMC as well as IIPAN global collaborating sites.
- Candidate will be responsible for data management and tracking to support submission of NIH level training grants.
- Coordinate IIPAN activities with the Columbia Global Centers located in India, Kenya, and Brazil. Expand collaborations as indicated with IIPAN growth.
- Collaborate with existing Integrative Therapies Program on domestic research initiatives and patient education and clinical care.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience required; plus four years of related experience.
- Master’s degree in public health or medical discipline preferred.
- Three years or more of global health experience or other applicable research investigation (e.g. pediatric oncology) preferred.
- Direct experience with international programs
- Student mentoring/research
- Programmatic development
- Fluency in Spanish is desired
- Background in global health or public health
- Light Level of Physical Activity Required
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Snap Ed Resource Educator Kingston, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 21 hours ago
The Cornell Cooperative Extension Ulster County SNAP-Ed Resource Educator primarily provides strategic and innovative program development, implementation, planning, and coordination of public educ...
Snap Ed. Nutritionist Oriskany, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 21 hours ago
This position will serve as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-ED) Nutritionist for Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oneida County and will implement SNAP-ED programming...
Cce Of Schenectady County Wic Nutritionist – Schenectady, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 9 days ago
CCE of Schenectady County is seeking a full time qualified and experienced WIC Nutritionist to provide participant-centered nutrition education to WIC participants utilizing a variety of methods. ...
Nutrition Educator Mt Morris, Ny, Cornell University, United States, 7 days ago
The Nutrition Educator for Cornell Cooperative Extension of Livingston County is responsible for providing leadership in assessment, development, planning, delivery, and evaluation of the nutritio...
Program Manager Liberty, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 21 hours ago
The Program Manager for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association Sullivan County will work under the direction and supervision of the Association Executive Director. The Program Manager will be ...
Temporary Snap Ed Ed , Cornell University, United States, about 21 hours ago
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention (SNAP-ED) Nutritionist will primarily be responsible for delivery of established SNAP-ED public education p...