Apply now Job no:532648
Work type:Officer of Administration
Location:Eugene, OR, Portland, OR
Categories:Business Administration/Management, Development, Planning/Project Management
Department: University Advancement
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $40,000 - $46,000 per year
Compensation Band: OS-OA04-Fiscal Year 2023-2024
Application Review Begins
October 2, 2023; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit the following with your online application:
- A cover letter in which you clearly describe how your knowledge, skills, and abilities prepare you for the job responsibilities and requirements outlined in the job announcement.
- A resume of your educational and professional work experience.
Please Note: We may contact applicants who meet the minimum requirements in the job posting to request additional information for the next stage of review.
University Advancement (UA) supports the University of Oregon’s (UO) mission of providing exceptional teaching, discovery, and service by strategically positioning the university to create awareness, build long-term relationships, and secure resources that increase understanding and further its aims. The division consists of approximately 200 employees primarily working out of Eugene, with offices in Portland and Bend. We are committed to fostering equity and inclusion in a welcoming, safe, and respectful environment that recognizes the value of all members of our community.
The University of Oregon Alumni Association (UOAA) fosters lifelong relationships, deepens engagement, and advocates on behalf of the university and Duck alumni around the world. Launched in 1879, the UOAA is proud of its long history of keeping alumni connected to the university and to one another, offering a wide array of opportunities for service and engagement. With a membership of over 27,000, the UOAA serves as an important connection to the university for more than 220,000 alumni worldwide. Our vision is to be among the very best alumni relations programs in the world, uniting and engaging Ducks in all stages of flight.
In order to establish and cultivate lifelong relationships among alumni, the Program Manager, Alumni Engagement serves as a representative for the organization’s multi-faceted University Advancement (UA) mission.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Alumni Engagement (UOAA), the Program Manager works in consultation and collaboration with the Director to advance the engagement strategy for alumni in an assigned geographic and affinity group portfolio. This strategy will be reliant upon input from and engagement with the Executive Director, UOAA, in addition to collaboration with regional development officers assigned to various geographic territories. Individual portfolios are subject to change and are assigned based on the needs of the organization and the knowledge of given regions and affinity communities that each staff member brings to the role.
This position requires access to transportation for occasional travel to meetings and events. This position must be able to work occasional nights and/or weekends to fulfill special projects and events.
This position can be located in Eugene or Portland and is eligible to work a hybrid schedule. This position will need to work on site approximately 2 days per week. If the position is located in Portland, occasional travel to Eugene will be expected.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
• One year of full-time (or equivalent) experience in program management (including budgeting) within a higher education or non-profit setting.
• Three years’ experience in progressive management roles with the same nonprofit organization, or one year’s experience managing volunteer programs from a staff standpoint.
• Ability to build and manage programs; develop strategies to achieve operating goals; experience with financial management and budgeting.
• Ability to interact, communicate, and work effectively with individuals, recognizing and respecting the many and varied identities of each person.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and design events.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, and others as appropriate.
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Outlook (or similar scheduling/calendar program), and familiarity with Microsoft Office and routine software applications.
• Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
• Commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Ability to adapt as new situations arise.
• Familiarity with alumni relations and advancement in a higher education setting.
• Experience with project management and organization.
• Experience managing a volunteer Board of Directors within a nonprofit setting.
• Experience working in higher education.
• Experience working remotely, or in a setting with limited direct supervision.
• Familiarity with the University of Oregon and UOAA.
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits .
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination .
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://clery.uoregon.edu/annual-campus-security-and-fire-safety-report .
Archaeologist I, AECOM, United States, 21 days ago
Company Description Work with Us. Change the World. At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transformi...
Program Specialist 2 Transitional Studies, Clark College, United States, 10 days ago
Details Posted: 28-Nov-23 Location: Clark College Main Campus, Vancouver Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4287687 Are you excited to support students to achieve their...
Instructor Welding Full Time, Charter College, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position Description Instructor - Welding - Full Time Location Vancouver, WA Job Code VAN-INS-WELD # of openings 1 Apply Now SHARE YOUR WELDING KNOWLEDGE - JOIN US AS AN INSTRUCTOR! Charter Colleg...
Part Time Biology Professor Continuous Pool, Clark College, United States, 24 days ago
Details Posted: 14-Nov-23 Location: Clark College Main Campus, Vancouver Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Internal Number: 4277906 Can you create and maintain a welcoming and supportive e...
Part Time Cybersecurity Professor, Clark College, United States, 22 days ago
Details Posted: 17-Nov-23 Location: Clark College Main Campus, Vancouver Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Internal Number: 4276461 Can you create and maintain a welcoming and supportive e...
Research Technologist 2, Coffin Lab Neuroscience, Vancouver Campus, Washington State University, United States, 16 days ago
Available Title(s): 323I-YN_CS_NPS - Research Technologist 2 Business Title: Research Technologist 2, Coffin Lab-Neuroscience, Vancouver Campus Employee Type: Classified Time Type: Full time Posit...