Job TitleProgram Leader II
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
DepartmentEpo Asst. Dean For Finance
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Program Leader II, under general supervision, provides professional management of a full range of operational activities, including developing, monitoring, special projects with regards to faculty hiring and other quantitative data. Assist in providing oversight and guidance to projects of high importance. This includes collaborating with key engineering stakeholders to ensure timely, accurate and appropriate preparation and execution of the Texas A&M College of Engineering and Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station’s missions.
Operations and Support 60%
- Assist in establishing and managing program standards/objectives and conducts program assessments for college projects and programs.
- Assist in leading strategic planning and goal setting activities.
- Participates in the analyzes of reports. Manages allocations and reporting. Performs analyses of resource allocations and operating fund requirements under the guidance of engineering leadership.
- Plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates policies and procedures and monitors compliance with policies and procedures. Develops and recommends policies, procedures, and guidelines to enhance engineering programs.
- Identifies needs and problems and proposes solutions. Resolves operational and procedural financial problems.
- Provides solutions to resolve matters and to address future concerns for any training deficits or process improvements.
- Manges special projects with regards to programmatic needs.
Supervision, Training, and Mentoring 20%
- Develops and maintains working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in establishing and participating a training program from business staff and student workers. May supervise staff and resolve staff conflicts.
- Active involvement in the training of staff on new and existing programmatic procedures.
Collaboration and Customer Service 15%
- Establish working relationships with key stakeholders, including, faculty and other Texas A&M Engineering administrative offices.
- Coordinates outreach efforts for business support staff across the college.
- Conducts surveys of customer needs and satisfaction.
- Promotes exceptional customer service.
Other Duties 5%
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s Degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seven years of related experience.
- Experience with TAMUS applications: FAMIS/Canopy, AggieBuy, Concur, and Workday.
- Experience in administering sponsored research contracts and grants, preferably in higher education.
- Supervisory/Mentoring/Training experience preferred.
Preferred Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations:
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Personal and professional experience in working with people of diverse backgrounds.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Assistant Director For Web Services, Texas A&M University System, United States, 33 minutes ago
Job Title Assistant Director for Web Services Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Asst Vice Chancellor For Public Affairs Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Tex...
Executive Director For Technology Operations, Texas A&M University, United States, 12 days ago
Job Title Executive Director for Technology Operations Agency Texas A&M University Department Division Of Information Technology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, ...
Program Coordinator I P9, Texas A&M University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Program Coordinator I P9 Agency Texas A&M University Department Veterinary Integrative Biosciences Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff...
Learning And Support Specialist I, Texas A&M University, United States, 14 days ago
Job Title Learning and Support Specialist I Agency Texas A&M University Department Department of Statistics Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Communications Coordinator, Texas A&M University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Title Communications Coordinator Agency Texas A&M University Department Marketing & Communication Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job De...
Strength And Conditioning Program Aide For Baseball, Texas A&M University, United States, 5 days ago
Job Title Strength and Conditioning Program Aide for Baseball Agency Texas A&M University Department Athletic Director Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job ...