Job ID: 42198
Location: Medicine Dept
Master's degree in a related field and five years of related experience. Additional experience may be used on a one-to-one basis to offset the educational requirements. The university offers market competitive salary and benefits. Grade EH. Salary Minimum $56,064Preferred Qualifications
Experience in managing complex research grants, budget creation and adherence, financial analysis, HR actions, staff supervision.Position Description
The Program Director will oversee all operations of the Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition and Liver Research divisions within the Department of Medicine. This includes being responsible for clinical and research program budgets, establishing and implementing short- and long-term goals and objectives, and supervising and/or performing all fiscal, administrative, and human resource operations under the direction of the division chiefs and Department of Medicine leadership. This position is responsible for the financial management of over $3.5M in clinical funding as well as other University revenue sources.
The Program Director will also oversee the administrative tasks related to all post-award research efforts for the Department of Medicine divisions of Liver Research and Nephrology & Hypertension, including financial management of over $13M in federal grant funding. This position will also be responsible for the completion of special projects under the direction of both the Chair and Executive Director of the Department of Medicine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategic planning, succession planning, and goal setting for Gastroenterology and Liver based on feedback from division and department leadership; also analyze systems, policies, and procedures to initiate change to improve division efficiency and accuracy
- Work with Liver and Nephrology Research PIs to develop annual grant budgets, monitor fiscal expenditures, provide analysis for reporting, and ensure compliance with HRSA/NIH/Sponsored Program rules; also work with PIs and Pre-Award Research Coordinator on grant and contract proposal budgets
- Prepare the Gastroenterology and Liver budgets for review and approval by division chiefs and School of Medicine finance/budget team; monitor revenue and expense actuals for adherence to budget, adjust division spending policy, when necessary, submit BRR/BTRs as needed, and provide budget reports and analysis for faculty and leadership; also includes reporting to the Foundation on spending for gifts and endowments to ensure agreements are being followed
- Work with Gastroenterology clinical partners (ULP, UL Hospital, Norton, Jewish, Kindred, VA) and division leadership on activities related to the practice including providing support and documentation to leadership for contract negotiations, create and execute clinical budgets allocated to UofL, monitor clinical billing, ensure contractual obligations are being met by all parties, and oversee UofL staff that provide a service to clinical partners
- Oversee all Gastroenterology and Liver purchasing activities and Nephrology grant purchasing activities, including approving ProCard/Travel Card transactions, Journal Vouchers, and PeopleSoft Financial activities like travel/expense requests, pay requests, and requisitions
- Support all employees in Gastroenterology, Liver, and Nephrology research on division and University policies and procedures for finance, HR, payroll, and research activities related to their job and train employees as needed
- Complete and/or supervise all HR, Payroll, and Provider Credentialing activities for Gastroenterology and Liver, working with DOM HR, Faculty Affairs, and Credentialing Coordinators as needed
- Oversee Gastroenterology and Liver faculty goals as they relate to clinical and research output and provide feedback to faculty to ensure those goals are being met or exceeded
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned, including training and supporting new staff in other Department of Medicine divisions
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at email@example.com or 502.852.6258.How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources Department located at 1980 Arthur Street - Louisville, Kentucky 40208. For more information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 502-852-6258.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, you may schedule an appointment at (502) 852-6258 with Employment Services at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208.
Faculty Professor Assistant Full Time, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 16 days ago
Faculty Professor Assistant - Full-Time Med-Pathology - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (21007895) RANK/TITLE: Assistant Professor (1-5 years of experience) (appointment stream). DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Di...
Assistant Professor, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 8 hours ago
Assistant Professor Med-Critical Care Medicine - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (18001697) The Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Department of Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsbur...
Quality Engineer Medical Device , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 8 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Wyss Zurich is...
Research Project Manager, Liver Research Mrff Grant, UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES, Europe, 12 days ago
The Opportunity Full time, 12 month Fixed term role $109,944 - $123,876 base plus 17% superannuation & leave loading. Full working rights are required. As the Project Manager you will play a lead ...
Professor In Clinical Psychology With Focus On Somatic Care Combined With Position As A Psychologist At The Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
- with focus on education and research Do you want to contribute to improving human health? The Department of Clinical Neuroscience (CNS) is divided into five divisions that conduct research and e...
Faculty Instructor, Research Full Time, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 5 days ago
Faculty Instructor, Research - Full-Time Pharm-Pharmaceutical Science - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (21008366) University of Pittsburgh Appointment Stream Research Instructor Department of Pharmaceu...