Campus: Downtown Phoenix
The ASU Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation at the ASU Downtown Phoenix campus is seeking a Communications Program Coordinator to assist in developing and implementing media, marketing and messaging materials, under the direction of the Manager of Strategic Communications. The ASU Lodestar Center is housed within the School of Community Resources and Development, part of the Watts College of Public Service and Community Solutions. Our mission is to build the capacity of the social sector by enhancing the effectiveness of those who lead, manage, and support nonprofit and philanthropic organizations. With our work in the community, we are accelerating social impact.
Under general direction, the Communications Program Coordinator plans, develops, produces and disseminates creative, high-quality and cost-effective communication and promotional materials for the Center's audiences. This person will have duties related to designing external communications and recruitment materials for distribution to a wide variety of audiences, including community partners, nonprofit professionals and research collaborators, via web-based and print media and other platforms. Additionally, the Program Coordinator will spend about 20% of their time assisting with various business operations including but not limited to duties related to AmeriCorps programming, including offer letters, stipend processing, and assisting with financial management system/Workday duties.
VP/EXEC VICE PROV DPC
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$47,500 - $52,500 per year; DOE
- Plans, develops, and implements marketing/communications projects for the Center to ensure consistency in message and support of goals and objectives.
- Audits and develops content for the Center’s website and social media accounts, identifying information needs and ensuring timely posting of news, blogs and events, and continually improving the Center's digital platforms.
- Supports activities, programs and events including, but not limited to: conferences, forums, speaker series and council meetings.
- Collaborates in writing multiple types of documents which may include press releases, alumni spotlights and testimonials, blog posts, progress reports, research briefs and marketing messaging.
- Works through vendors to coordinate and manage the production of marketing materials for outreach, recruitment and giveaways.
- Helps to determine target markets to expand audience base.
- Creates and produces communications materials as well as collateral from concept to completion.
- Edits copy and determines the layout of materials including brochures, flyers, slides, presentations, web pages, and web-based communications including social media posts using appropriate graphic design software including Adobe Creative Suite and/or other programs such as Canva.
- Supports the research projects of the Center, specifically with community outreach.
- Supports business operations and will learn PeopleSoft and Workday to perform AmeriCorps tasks.
- Knowledge of marketing practices and principles.
- Knowledge of graphic design concepts.
- Knowledge of web and social media content and management concepts, principles and practices.
- Evidence of effective communication.
- Ability to work in an environment subject to quickly changing priorities and tight deadlines.
Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Six years of progressively responsible administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience or interest in outreach to nonprofit and philanthropic organizations.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing work and activities.
- Evidence of effective communication skill, and organization skills, along with attention to detail.
- Experience with using various social media platforms (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Experience using CRM software like Salesforce.
- Experience with email marketing and communications, using a platform like Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Experience with a website CMS (e.g. Drupal, used by ASU).
- Experience with event registration platforms (e.g. Aventri, Eventbrite).
- Experience in Microsoft Office, marketing, and graphic design software, including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Acrobat, etc.).
- Ability to edit and manipulate graphics for print and digital media.
- Ability to develop marketing materials that speak to key stakeholder audiences.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment with tight project deadlines.
- Experience using Workday and/or PeopleSoft programs.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (10%)
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (15%)
- Regular activities require the ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate perform essential functions.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
- Receives regular review of completed tasks for achievement of established objectives.
ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations and a commitment to sustainability, innovation and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market.
Flexible work options
Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location. Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
The mission of ASU’s Lodestar Center for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Innovation is to help build the capacity of the social sector by enhancing the effectiveness of those who lead, manage and support nonprofit organizations.
The Center’s mission is accomplished through a comprehensive portfolio of research, education (undergraduate, graduate and continuing/professional education offerings), technical assistance and conference activities that provide stakeholders with knowledge and tools that enhance their effectiveness and impact.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Associate Director, Bus Marketing Communication, School Of Business, American University in Cairo, Egypt, about 7 hours ago
Reports to: Senior Director for External Relations Purpose: The job holder is responsible for enhancing awareness of the school's impact, programs and centers locally and internationally, and pr...
Manager, Usaid Communications And Outreach, Usaid Egyptian Pioneers, Grant Position, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 13 days ago
Reports to: Chief of Party Purpose: The job holder of this position will develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy for the United States Agency for International Development (...
Officer, Content Development, University Centers For Career Development, Grant Position, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 21 days ago
Reports to: Senior Manager, Communications, University Centers for Career Development Purpose: The job holder serves as an interpreter and analyst, gathering a wide array of information on Univers...
Associate Director Of Digital Marketing, Emory University, United States, 11 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Junior Technician Fire Research Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 1 day ago
About Scion Scion is a Crown Research Institute that specialises in scientific research and technology development for the forestry, wood products, wood-derived materials, and other biomaterial se...
Officer, Labor Market Information, University Centers For Career Development, Grant Position, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 13 days ago
Reports to: Manager, Labor Market Information Purpose: The job holder is responsible for providing technical, administrative, and operational support to the development and implementation of an i...