Job TitleProgram Coordinator I
AgencyTexas A&M University
DepartmentDean Of College Of Architecture
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment by promoting a culture that respects all perspectives, talents & identities. Embracing varying opinions and perspectives strengthens our core values which are: Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service.
Who we are
The Texas A&M School of Architecture offers undergraduate and graduate professional programs to prepare individuals to enter the professions of architecture, landscape architecture, construction management, urban and regional planning. The planning, design and construction of the world’s buildings, cities and landscapes involve a variety of professional skills. The faculty of architects, urban planners, landscape architects, engineers, computer scientists, constructors, lawyers, historians, and artists, in collaboration with educators in the language, philosophy and culture and natural and social sciences, help students develop an understanding of the physical, social, economic and political forces that shape our environment. To learn more about the School of Architecture, please visit us at https://arch.tamu.edu
What we want
We're seeking a Program Coordinator I, to coordinate the planning, development, and implementation of the Undergraduate Recruitment Program for the School of Architecture. The qualified applicant will have a Bachelor's degree with two years of higher education experience, including some academic advising and/or recruiting experience. This is a rewarding position involving recruitment and outreach as we grow the School of Architecture. If you meet the qualifications and this position sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate to selected hire’s experience.
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume will assist us in our review of your application materials. These can be uploaded on the application under CV/Resume.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years of higher education experience, with some academic advising or recruiting experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications.
- Ability to periodically travel overnight and work outside standard business hours.
- Working knowledge of SLATE CRM, able to generate prospective undergraduate and graduate student interaction reports and undergraduate engagement campaigns.
- Working knowledge with, HOWDY, COMPASS, SLATE CRM and NAVIGATE.
- Recruiting - Plans and implements recruiting and outreach program events such as prospective student and school tours, conferences, seminars, lectures, meetings, and workshops. Assists in preparation and monitoring of budgets for programs and events. Visits high schools to present and distribute information concerning University and School of Architecture programs and opportunities. Speaks to prospective students and counselors regarding all the majors in the School of Architecture. Speaks about the University and School admission process. Serves to facilitate the application and admission of students. Serves as the point of contact in the school for undergrad prospective student inquires, distributing information on all the majors in the School and providing at minimum, weekly tours to students and families when they visit campus (be aware of tour preference times for high school students, school breaks). Stays in contact with prospective students as a resource for admission and application questions. Develops contacts with high school and community college teachers, counselors, and administrators as a mechanism for identifying students for recruitment. Visit, at least once a year, to each of the prospective student centers (PSC) in Texas and remain in communication with all the PSC’s (in and out of Texas) about our programs for recruiting efforts. Minimal overnight travel and after hour student appointments and school events required. Respond to prospective student/family requests for information, regarding the School of Architecture academic programs. Work with School of Architecture academic departments on various community and ISD outreach for undergraduate student recruiting efforts.
- Outreach - Is aware and in communication with architecture programs at the high school and Community College level. Participates in the Triad CityLab Mentorship Program with CityLab High School in Dallas, TX, or similar programs, and serves as the Camp Director for the annual resident summer camp for the school-CampARCH. Speaks to students about how to apply to TAMU and the School of Architecture, speaks with students about architecture related majors, and answers any other specific questions regarding the school and Texas A&M University. Discusses and explains CampARCH and encourages students to apply to the camp. Manages the student ambassador programs. Advertises, interviews, selects, supervises, and evaluates each ambassador. Is in charge of supplemental ambassador programs, such as professional development and special function for the ambassadors to participate in. Supervises all tours of the school for prospective students and families. Coordinate Aggieland Saturday activities for the school. Coordinates program communications and marketing to prospective students.
- Administration - Responds to inquiries regarding program offerings. Refers prospective students on academic preparation, time management, test anxiety, and study skills to other University resources. Monitors degree requirements to stay up to date on our degree programs for prospective students. Interacts with college and other University offices regarding admissions, registration, advising and counseling. Maintains records of student contacts. Supervises projects, such as virtual format presentations, Camp ARCH, Student Ambassador Program.
- Advising - Provides advice to School of Architecture students or refers prospective students in areas concerning college admission, professional concerns, housing, financial aid, student services, degree programs, major options, and career and educational goals. If applicable in the fiscal year, teaches a freshman seminar. Serves as the primary Camp Programs for Minors Liaison (CPM) for the School of Architecture programs, ensuring that all School of Architecture programs involving minors adhere to all University Rules and guidelines for hosting such programs and may perform other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Senior Administrative Coordinator Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Senior Administrative Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Technology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Research Engineer I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 11 days ago
Job Title Research Engineer I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Energy Systems Lab Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Why...
Full Time Faculty Architecture (Arch), Blinn College, United States, about 12 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested. Position Information Requisition Number 2023111F Position Title Full-Time Faculty - Architecture (ARCH)...
Business Coordinator Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Business Coordinator III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department TEES Fiscal Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Why work...
Senior Research Engineer I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Senior Research Engineer I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Mary Kay O'connor Process Safety Center Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Ty...
Program Specialist Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 11 days ago
Job Title Program Specialist II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Workforce Development Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...