Job TitleProgram Coordinator I
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
DepartmentBcs Campus Administration
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationBryan, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .”
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for a Program Coordinator I to serve as a member of the BCS Campus Administration team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring an expert level of program coordination experience to the position and understand the demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or 8 years' experience with a high school diploma or 4 years of experience with an Associate's degree
- Two years of related experience
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Experience in medical education
Experience in higher education administration. Experience with TAMU Systems Experience with learning management systems (i.e. eCampus, Canvas) Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Experience working with diverse individuals and communities
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to work with diverse groups and individuals
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to present and interface with administrators at all levels
Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database programs
Ability to develop and prepare presentations
Ability to clearly articulate project/program goals and models
Clerkship Coordination and Curriculum Management:
Collaborate with team members to create, organize, and disseminate undergraduate medical education (UME) curriculum, including electives, for the third year of medicine consisting of, but not limited to, course requirements in a longitudinal integrated curriculum (LIC) format.
Support LIC curriculum in an e-learning environment utilizing various learning management system (LMS) applications as well as additional required software applications including, but not limited to, Canvas, Blue, and Time Clock Plus.
Provide support in preparing and presentation for course activities; orientation, scheduling, simulation, supplies, presentation materials and any other activities requested. Coordinate activities related to educational conferences, meetings, lectures, clinical learning sessions, examinations and special events as directed by curriculum and leadership.
Maintain strict confidentiality with regards to FERPA and HIPPA documentation, i.e., student records
Clinical Campus Support:
- Participate in the planning, development, and execution of administrative operations of the BCS Clinical office in support of the professional staff members.
- Serve as a backup for certain coordinator functions in the absence of the campus coordinator.
- Serves as main point of contact/liaison between BCS Clinical office and all BCS clinical facilities
- Designs, collaborates & orders promotional items/faculty appreciation items for campus.
- Assists in the coordination of major campus events – meetings, seminars, awards banquet and clinical kickoff.
- Tracks BCS campus operating expenses in coordination with Program Manager.
- Tracks usage of clinical classroom room and student areas at local hospitals & serves as main contact for these rooms ensuring upkeep and asset control.
- Maintain and purchase supplies/equipment for office where needed. Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare itineraries for BCS Clinical Campus faculty, staff, and students.
Clinical Campus Student Processing:
- Coordinate & maintain student files, records, office equipment for the BCS Clinical office.
- Ensure compliance with TAMU records/surplus & inventory retention.
- Make recommendations for process improvements, administrative changes, and new initiatives.
- Creates, updates, & maintains faculty database on all BCS campus faculty.
- Assists faculty with obtaining NetID/UIN and COM emails.
- Credential all students, regardless of home campus: M1-M4, including visiting students.
- Ensures all paperwork & the issuance of badges for all primary BCS clinical facilities is in order.
- Coordinates & orders all director/student meals, ensuring dietary restrictions are met.
- Maintains & distributes monthly student report to local BCS affiliate hospitals - informs which students will be present in their facilities for that specific month.
- Tracks & processes all BCS M3 student absences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at Texas A&M University may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Contract Negotiator, Texas A&M University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Contract Negotiator Agency Texas A&M University Department Vice Pres For Research Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description ...
Admissions Coordinator I, Texas A&M University System, United States, 14 days ago
Job Title Admissions Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University System Offices Department Office Of Academic Affairs - RELLIS Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texa...
Administrative Coordinator I, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Administrative Coordinator I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Pediatric Dentistry Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Dallas, Texas Job Type Sta...
Assistant And/Or Associate Director, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Assistant and/or Associate Director Agency Texas A&M University Department Vice Pres For Research Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...
Human Resources Manager Dallas, Fort Worth, Bryan/College Station, Texas A&M University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Title Human Resources Manager - Dallas, Fort Worth, Bryan/College Station Agency Texas A&M University Department Human Resources Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Stati...
Manager, Human Resources, Texas A&M University, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Manager, Human Resources Agency Texas A&M Agrilife Research Department Administrative Services Staff Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Sta...