This position supports all learner (resident, fellowship and medical student) programs in the UCSF Fresno Pediatrics Department. The position provides administrative support for staff and program leadership to ensure that the program is maximizing a learner’s educational experience.
The AAIII will be responsible for providing administrative support to the learners and department leadership. This position requires some independent decision-thinking. The incumbent should be able to make day-to-day administrative decisions independently or with minimal supervision. This position requires a high level of efficiency and attention to details, understanding of the services and resources available, and the ability to interact and communicate with individuals
Please Note: This position is located in Fresno, CA.
The Department of Pediatrics is a large department on the UCSF Fresno campus and UCSF School of Medicine. The UCSF Fresno Pediatrics Department provides service and training at Community Regional Medical Centers. Elective rotations are also available at the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital campuses in San Francisco and Oakland. Pediatrics is one of the eight residency programs located in Fresno. The Pediatrics Department has 36 residents, 12 in each year of training; 2 chief residents; 2 fellows. The department has 40 core faculty members and over 140 volunteer faculty members, most of which are employed through UCSF Fresno Medical Group, our major affiliated partner (formerly CCFMG). The Department of Pediatrics currently includes 10 sub-specialties; Pulmonary, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Cardiology, Neurology, Genetics, Adolescent, Critical Care, Hospitalist, Generalist. Pediatrics also has one fellowship, currently: Community Pediatrics.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• High school graduation and four years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including: word processing, spreadsheets, database experience, Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of standard office procedures and policies
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a busy office environment with discretion
• Ability to function with minimal direction from supervisor
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and organization skills and demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under the direction of several individuals
• Ability to work well independently, as well as part of the team
• Ability to learn new computer skills and programs quickly
• Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet tight deadlines with frequent interruptions, and attention to detail
• Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
• Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness
• Philosophy of customer service
• Ability to problem solve with a minimal amount of instruction
• Knowledgeable of the University’s administrative structure and the Department of Pediatrics Policy and Procedures.
Job Code and Payroll Title
4722 Administrative Assistant III
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Program Assistant V – Pre Licensure Programs, University of San Francisco, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Title: Program Assistant V – Pre-Licensure Programs Job Summary: Provide administrative support to nursing program while assisting Department Chairs needed. Carries out duties and responsibili...
Office Assistant Vi: School Of Law Office Of Admissions, University of San Francisco, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Title: Office Assistant VI: School of Law Office of Admissions Job Summary: The University of San Francisco School of Law is seeking a detail-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skil...
Grants Management Assistant Off Campus Fws, University of San Francisco, United States, 25 days ago
Job Title: College Advisor - Off Campus FWS Job Summary: Overview: First Graduate works with students who would be the first in their families to graduate from college. We make a 12 year commitmen...
Pa V Alumni Engagement Associate, University of San Francisco, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title: PA V Alumni Engagement Associate Job Summary: POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Alumni Engagement, the Program Assistant position independently implements all aspects of t...
Lab Assistant Brainard Lab Part Time, HHMI, United States, about 6 hours ago
Lab Assistant - Brainard Lab - Part-Time Tracking Code 1087-908 Job Description Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is an independent, ever-evolving philanthropy that supports basic biomedical ...
Student Assistant Mcl, University of San Francisco, United States, 21 days ago
Job Title: Student Assistant - MCL Job Summary: Seeking a Student Assistant to help with day-to-day operational activities for the Department of Modern and Classical Languages, as well as assistin...