The Professional Master's Program Manager will assist the faculty director of the Professional Master’s Program by coordinating the recruitment, admissions, and support of students in the Mechanical Engineering Professional Master’s Program. The program manager will co-report to the faculty Director of the Professional Master’s Program and the Director of the School of Mechanical Engineering Graduate Programs and help in recruiting new professional master’s students, program administration, student success, and advising. Additional responsibilities include providing support with professional development, internship placement and job searches.
The program manager will be responsible for special graduate programs like 3+1+1 SJTU Program, the Hannover Program, the Hybrid Electric Vehicles Certificate Program, and programs under development. Core responsibilities include preparing reports of student progress in these programs, assisting with graduate office processes during periods of high volume (e.g. processing admission requests to meet deadlines and processing student registration requests to meet university deadlines) and assisting with orientation, visitation, graduation, and recruitment events for graduate programs.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three (3) years of experience in program management
- Knowledge of hiring practices within industry
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to convey information about admissions procedures and degree requirements
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated collaboration skills to effectively support students and faculty
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Complete FERPA training within one month of start date
- A valid driver's license and the ability to travel up to 25% to industry locations
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Master's degree
- Knowledgeable in Cognos, Slate, and Banner
- Familiarity with Purdue Graduate School policy
- Experience in student services
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Office Assistant School Of Business, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 9 days ago
Serves as receptionist and first contact for the school. Provides assistance and information for student and faculty inquiries. Serve on and/or record minutes of various committees and task forces...
Part Time Office Assistant, School Of Public Affairs And Social Services, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 3 days ago
Assist in coverage with the Office Assistant. Assist in maintaining student files, scheduling of student appointments with the student's Advisor, data and schedule input and reports. Performs othe...