The Professional Master's Program Manager will assist the faculty director of the Professional Master’s Program by coordinating the recruitment, admissions, and support of students in the Mechanical Engineering Professional Master’s Program. The program manager will co-report to the faculty Director of the Professional Master’s Program and the Director of the School of Mechanical Engineering Graduate Programs and help in recruiting new professional master’s students, program administration, student success, and advising. Additional responsibilities include providing support with professional development, internship placement and job searches.
The program manager will be responsible for special graduate programs like 3+1+1 SJTU Program, the Hannover Program, the Hybrid Electric Vehicles Certificate Program, and programs under development. Core responsibilities include preparing reports of student progress in these programs, assisting with graduate office processes during periods of high volume (e.g. processing admission requests to meet deadlines and processing student registration requests to meet university deadlines) and assisting with orientation, visitation, graduation, and recruitment events for graduate programs.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three (3) years of experience in program management
- Knowledge of hiring practices within industry
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to convey information about admissions procedures and degree requirements
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated collaboration skills to effectively support students and faculty
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Complete FERPA training within one month of start date
- A valid driver's license and the ability to travel up to 25% to industry locations
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Master's degree
- Knowledgeable in Cognos, Slate, and Banner
- Familiarity with Purdue Graduate School policy
- Experience in student services
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Faculty Physics, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 17 hours ago
General Description of Position: Provide instruction (classes, labs, & clinicals) within specific programs; assist academic administrators with curriculum development, student advising, program en...
Academic Advisor, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 17 hours ago
Collaborate with academic deans, department chairs, and coordinators to continue to maintain a seamless college-wide academic advising system for students. Maintain and manage department resources...
Director Express Enrollment Center, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 17 hours ago
Provide oversite of the daily operations of Express Enrollment Center. Supervise Student Services Professionals and customer service activities. Cultivate a team-based atmosphere with the goal of ...
Workstudy Federal, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 17 hours ago
General Description of Position: We are currently accepting work-study applications for the 2019-2020 academic year. Work-study positions are federally funded, part-time positions. These position ...