AIR is currently seeking a Production Design Specialist to join our AIR Studio. This position reports to the Production Design Subteam Manager. AIR Studio is AIR’s in-house agency for editing, production design, graphic design, copyrights and permissions, Section 508 compliance, and publication management. It is composed of a Director of Operations, an Editing Manager, a Production Design Manager, a Creative Services Manager, and staff including copy editors, substantive editors, production designers, an art director, graphic artists, and Section 508 specialists. The type of material handled in AIR Studio varies and may include proposals, reports, presentations, research summaries, literature reviews, issue briefs, conference materials, training materials, marketing collateral, journal articles, specialty items, and Section 508 deliverables. Teamwork, communication, and process are key to the success of the AIR Studio production environment.
This position will support the production of quality publications and proposals and help ensure that AIR’s published materials are presented in a professional manner. Applicants are subject to preemployment evaluation of application of skills.
The Production Design Specialist can be located remote from the U.S. or out of any of AIR's U.S. offices .
Established in 1946, with headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, AIR is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solve some of the most urgent challenges in the U.S. and around the world. We advance evidence in the areas of education, health, the workforce, human services, and international development to create a better, more equitable world.
AIR’s commitment to diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations, and work environment. At AIR, we define diversity broadly, considering everyone’s unique life and community experiences. We believe that embracing diverse perspectives, abilities/disabilities, racial/ethnic and cultural backgrounds, styles, ages, genders, gender identities and expressions, education backgrounds, and life stories drives innovation and employee engagement. Learn more about AIR's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy and hear from our staff by clicking here .
The responsibilities for the position include:
- Prepare documents according to templates, quality control (QC) checklists, technical requirements, Section 508 guidelines, and client-specific instructions.
- Format and/or revise simple-to-complex documents and presentations using Microsoft (MS) Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 365). Specifically in Word, must be able to:
- apply styles
- design elements from a template
- format for consistency
- create new styles as needed
- create and format tables and text boxes
- clean up and insert graphics
- work with section breaks and different headers and footers
- apply color contrast principles
- prep for Section 508 compliance
- accurately revise documents in a timely manner
- apply slide masters in template and clean up formatting in PowerPoint
- work with charts and graphs in Excel
- Deliver fully Section 508-compliant PDFs (including fillable forms), as well as Section 508-compliant PowerPoint files, Word files, and/or Excel files.
- Format medium- to large-sized proposals and supporting documents.
- Create business and proposal graphics in PowerPoint, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Handle a fast-paced environment, follow instructions, and work with tight deadlines.
- Take constructive feedback.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- High school diploma or A.A. or B.A. in graphic design, publishing, or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a publication/production department, with experience working on government contracts.
- Advanced skills in Word and PowerPoint 365 on the PC and intermediate skills in MS Excel.
- Beginner to intermediate skills in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro) on the PC and Mac.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, and collaborate as a member of team, while prioritizing multiple objectives to consistently meet established timelines.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communicator continually demonstrating sensitivity to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent self-QC abilities and accurate formatting skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Section 508 compliance.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
AIR requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive a legally required exemption from AIR, as a condition of employment. AIR will ask candidates to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made. Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for exemption prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment from AIR.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position. Depending on project work, qualified candidates may need to meet certain residency requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
#LI-AS1 #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
Knowledge Management Multimedia Specialist, University of Maryland, United States, about 15 hours ago
Posting Details Vaccine Protocol Posting Details Position Number: 01250910 Title: Specialist Functional Title: Knowledge Management Multimedia Specialist Category Status: 34-Exempt Contingent Cate...
Graduate Assistant, Center For Risk And Reliability, University of Maryland, United States, 4 days ago
Posting Details Vaccine Protocol Posting Details Position Number: 1P0006 Title: Graduate Assistant Functional Title: Graduate Assistant, Center for Risk and Reliability Category Status: 04-Graduat...
Coordinator, Center For Risk And Reliability, University of Maryland, United States, 4 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Number: 127791 Title: Coordinator Functional Title: Coordinator, Center for Risk and Reliability Category Status: 33-Exempt Regular Applicant Search Catego...
Manager Of Communications & External Relations, University of Maryland, United States, about 14 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Number: 121932 Title: Manager Functional Title: Manager of Communications & External Relations Category Status: 33-Exempt Regular Applicant Search Category...
Program Manager, University of Maryland, United States, 4 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Number: 127991 Title: Faculty Assistant Functional Title: Program Manager Category Status: 15-Fac.Non-Tenured,Continuing Con Applicant Search Category: Fac...
Communications Coordinator, University of Maryland, United States, 4 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Position Number: 127892 Title: Coordinator Functional Title: Communications Coordinator Category Status: 33-Exempt Regular Applicant Search Category: Staff Universi...