The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 54,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/.
About the Department
The Principal Researcher provides a supportive research environment to a highly qualified recent PhD. The Principal Researcher collaborates with Professor Dan Adelman in the Healthcare Analytics Laboratory. In the Laboratory, teams of MBA students and other graduate students from across campus work with healthcare providers to improve delivery by analyzing large, complex datasets. The PR will work with faculty, staff, students, and sponsors to help scope, organize, plan, and execute/coach these real-world projects. They will collaborate on research to convert project topics into publishable papers and possibly teaching case studies. Articles will be targeted towards both healthcare journals and journals in the quantitative sciences.
- Conducts collaborative research with faculty to be presented at academic forums and published in peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Collects data and conducts statistical analysis.
- Conducts literature reviews and performs research.
- Prepares data for and mentors student teams in the Healthcare Analytics Lab course.
- Engages in the intellectual environment of the University of Chicago through workshops, presentations, seminars, and collaboration with faculty and other researchers.
- As necessary, performs administrative duties associated with the management of a research group, lab, or center.
- Uses subject matter and best practices knowledge to perform lab and/or research-related duties and tasks. Works independently to assist with project design.
- Guides data collection, evaluation and analysis. Designs and manages databases. Writes reports, articles and manuscripts.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Education:Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
- ABD status required by start date.
- PhD by start date in a field relevant to the research being conducted.
- PhD after one year of employment.
- A minimum of four years of relevant research experience.
- Background conducting quantitative research in healthcare.
- Proficiency in optimization, statistics, machine learning, econometrics.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills
- Organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Work independently with little supervision.
- Self-motivated disposition.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and recommend effective changes.
- This position is currently expected to work a minimum three days per week in the office.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
- Complete postsecondary transcripts, unofficial transcripts may be submitted (required)
When applying, the document(s) MUST be uploaded via the My Experience page, in the section titled Application Documents of the application.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Requires Compliance with University Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Employees must comply with the University’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements. More information about the requirements can be found on the University of Chicago Vaccination GoForward .
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu . Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Postdoctoral Scholar, Ai & Science Research Initiative Data Science Institute, The University of Chicago, United States, 9 days ago
Application review has been extended to March 4, 2022. However, the application will remain open until filled. The University of Chicago is seeking a Postdoctoral Scholar focused on jointly advanc...
Quantitative Researcher Chicago & New York, Radix Trading LLC, United States, 1 day ago
Quantitative Researcher - Chicago & New York Company description Radix Trading is a proprietary firm focused on quantitative research and scientific trading. We’re one of the most active liquidity...
Pnw Student Economics Research Assistant, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 12 hours ago
Student Research Assistant positions are available starting Fall 2022 to assist economics faculty in research projects on regional economic development and public policy. Students applying for th...