The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges.
About the Department
Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment.
Chicago Booth is proud to claim:
-an unmatched faculty.
-degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents.
-a global body of nearly 54,000 accomplished alumni.
- strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities.
As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment.
For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/.
The Center for Applied Artificial Intelligence (CAAI) is a research center within the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. The Center drives groundbreaking research in human and machine intelligence, discovering ways that AI can improve society and augment human decision-making. Principal Researchers are expected to pursue their own research agenda with at least 50% of their time. The remaining time is spent supporting their faculty supervisor’s research and contributing to the research community within CAAI and Chicago Booth.
- Pursues collaborative research to be presented at academic forums and published in peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Engages in the intellectual environment of CAAI and Chicago Booth.
- Collects data and conducts statistical analysis.
- As necessary, performs administrative duties associated with the management of a research project and/or group.
- Uses subject matter and best practices knowledge to perform lab and/or research-related duties and tasks. Works independently to assist with project design.
- Guides data collection, evaluation and analysis. Designs and manages databases. Writes reports, articles and manuscripts.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Education:Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
- ABD status by start date.
- PhD by start date in a field relevant to the research being conducted.
- PhD after one year of employment.
- A minimum of four years of relevant research experience.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as organizational skills.
- Work independently with little supervision; possess a self-motivated disposition; identify opportunities for improvement and recommend effective changes, all while achieving key objectives resulting in desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and diplomatically with colleagues, as well as with students, faculty and corporate contacts in a multitude of communication methods i.e., in person, email, phone.
- Professional demeanor, including tact, discretion, and a customer service-oriented approach.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
- Complete postsecondary transcripts, unofficial transcripts may be submitted (required)
When applying, the document(s) MUST be uploaded via the My Experience page, in the section titled Application Documents of the application.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Employees must comply with the University’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements. More information about the requirements can be found on the University of Chicago Vaccination GoForward .
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu . Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Pre Doctoral Research Fellow, University of Chicago (UC), United States, 18 days ago
Details Posted: 07-Sep-23 Location: Chicago, Illinois Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory Staff/Administrative Internal Number: JR23820 Location: Chicago,...
Northwestern U Chicago Brinson Fellowship, Northwestern University/The University of Chicago, United States, about 17 hours ago
Northwestern University and The University of Chicago are accepting applications for the inaugural Northwestern - UChicago Brinson Postdoctoral Fellowship in Astrophysics, to start in Fall 2024....
Margaret Burbidge Prize Postdoctoral Fellowship In Astrophysics, The University of Chicago, United States, about 17 hours ago
The University of Chicago Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics is pleased to invite applications for the Margaret Burbidge Prize Postdoctoral Fellowship in Astrophysics to begin in the fall o...
Postdoctoral Research Associate Position In Circuits Neuroscience And Advanced Microscopy, University of Illinois Chicago, United States, about 12 hours ago
Postdoctoral Research Associate Position in Circuits Neuroscience and Advanced Microscopy Posted on August 25, 2023 Share this on Twitter A multi-year postdoctoral position is available in the Dep...
T.C. Chamberlin Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Chicago, United States, about 17 hours ago
The Department of the Geophysical Sciences at The University of Chicago invites applications for the T.C. Chamberlin Postdoctoral Fellowship. We seek outstanding scientists who lead creative inves...
Postdoctoral Position – Translational Neuroimmunology And Vascular Biology, University of Illinois Chicago, United States, about 12 hours ago
Postdoctoral Position – Translational Neuroimmunology and Vascular Biology Posted on August 25, 2023 Share this on Twitter Job title: Postdoctoral fellow – Translational Neuroimmunology and Vascul...