The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 54,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/.
About the Department
The Principal Researcher, CDR Mindworks role is designed to support a talented behavioral scientist in generating significant research contributions to behavioral science disciplines (e.g., psychology, economics). The primary duty for the Principal Researcher will be to conduct this research both independently and in collaboration with Booth Faculty in the Center for Decision Research (CDR), with particular encouragement to advance high-quality, cutting-edge experimental research. Accordingly, this position demonstrates an outstanding capacity to generate original research questions and implement studies to investigate those questions in unique experimental settings (e.g., companies, public spaces, museums). This position is anticipated to last two years.
- Participates in study design, data acquisition and analysis, manuscript development, and presentation/publication of results. Helps with administration and educational translation of the research agendas conducted through the CDR Labs and interface with visitors and potential participants for behavioral science studies, explaining the value of behavioral science research, showcasing their research, and identifying creative ways to engage participants.
- Administrative duties include coordinating with participating researchers and organizational partners, developing infrastructure to support rigor and efficiency in data collection, and training of participating personnel. Educational translation responsibilities may include teaching in academic workshops and public-facing lectures, and other co-curricular offerings informed by partnership work.
- Assists with teaching assistant responsibilities of up to two quarters of behavioral science classes each academic year.
- Uses subject matter and best practices knowledge to perform lab and/or research-related duties and tasks. Works independently to assist with project design.
- Guides data collection, evaluation and analysis. Designs and manages databases. Writes reports, articles and manuscripts.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Education:Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
- Ph.D., earned or expected, by July 2023 in psychology, economics, or other behavioral science discipline.
- Conducting field, computer, web-based, and interpersonal interaction-based experiments.
- Familiarity with methods of experimentation.
- Implement creative and innovative programming and events for public-facing institution.
- Interact with faculty, students, and staff successfully.
- Desire and enthusiasm to interface with the general public and serve as ambassador for the CDR.
- Maintains effective communication with all members of the faculty and external institutions.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- This position is expected to work in the office.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
- Complete postsecondary transcripts; unofficial transcripts may be submitted (required)
When applying, the document(s) MUST be uploaded via the My Experience page, in the section titled Application Documents of the application.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Employees must comply with the University’s COVID-19 vaccination requirements. More information about the requirements can be found on the University of Chicago Vaccination GoForward .
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu . Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Research Assistant 1, University of Chicago (UC), United States, 16 days ago
Details Posted: 14-Nov-23 Location: Chicago, Illinois Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory Staff/Administrative Internal Number: JR24519 Location: Chicago,...
Research Associate (Postdoctoral Fellow), Loyola University Chicago, United States, 11 days ago
Details Posted: 19-Nov-23 Location: Chicago, Illinois Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Medical - Research Internal Number: 14106 Job Description Summary: The successful candidate will be ...
Post Doc Research Associate Counseling Center, University of Illinois - Chicago, United States, 16 days ago
Details Posted: 14-Nov-23 Location: Chicago, Illinois Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Business/Finance Internal Number: 4785495 Post Doc Research Associate - Counseling C...
Research Associate Postdoctoral Fellow Department Of Cancer Biology, Loyola University Chicago, United States, 11 days ago
Details Posted: 19-Nov-23 Location: Chicago, Illinois Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Medical - Research Internal Number: 10155 Job Description Summary: -PhD and/or MD degree -Molecular ...
Post Doctoral Research Associate, Ncrhp Machine Learning, Ai, And Rural Medicine, University of Illinois - Chicago, United States, 7 days ago
Details Posted: 23-Nov-23 Location: Chicago, Illinois Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Information Technology Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4812535 Post Doctoral Research Associate...
Postdoctoral Research Associate Division Of Endocrinology, Diabetes, And Metabolism, University of Illinois at Chicago - Department of Medicine, United States, 29 days ago
Postdoctoral Research Associate - Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism Hiring Department: Department of Medicine Location: Chicago, IL USA Requisition ID: 1021908 About the Univers...