- Job ID
- Job Location
- Job Location
- United States
- Alternate locations
More information about this job:
Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking a Principal Mathematician to join our team in the Washington, DC office.
• Understand AIR’s mathematical modeling and effectively express them within our software framework
• Applies mathematical theories and statistical methods to solve problems in computer science
• Develops mathematical or statistical models of phenomena to be used for analysis or computational simulation
• Designs complex metrics projects that apply valid scientific techniques and utilize information obtained from baselines or historical data in order to structure analyses
• Translates physical processes into computational models
• Develops algorithms for data analysis
• Processes large amounts of data for statistical modeling, and graphic analysis (metrics)
• Develops software, algorithms and applications to apply mathematics to data and build data driven apps to translate data into computational intelligence around standardized tests for students
• MS in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering, PhD preferred and 12+ years of experience
• Demonstrated ability and understanding of data mining and machine learning algorithms
• Experience with numerical methods such as arbitrary precision computations
• Background in deep learning, machine learning & big data
• Experience designing using C+ and/or Java
• Must possess an analytical mindset and strong programming skills
• Experience working on large data sets
• Experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server
• Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Self-motivated with minimal oversight
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.
Go back to the welcome page
Library Assistant (12 Months Contract), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 17 days ago
Senior AI Engineers/AI Engineers for AI.SG (a national R&D programme in Artificial Intelligence) - 0069T Description As an AI engineer, you will facilitate the transfer of advanced AI technologies...
Senior Ai Engineer/Scientist (100 Experiments) For Ai.Sg (A National R&D Programme In Artificial Intelligence), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 19 days ago
Senior AI Engineer/Scientist (100 Experiments) for AI.SG (a national R&D programme in Artificial Intelligence) - 00694 Description To lead the team to build Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data p...
] Faculty Position In Statistical Neuroscience , , United States, about 19 hours ago
The Department of Electrical Engineering, the Department of Statistics and the Stanford Neurosciences Institute at Stanford University invite applications for a tenure-track appointment at any lev...
Ph D Scholarship: Predictive Machine Learning Modelling For Autonomous Bus Real Time Operations, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 15 hours ago
Apply no later than 30 August 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Management Engineering by completing the following form. Apply online The Machine Learning for Mobility group (MLM) of the Technical Uni...
Data Scientist, Cdhi, University of California, San Francisco, United States, about 22 hours ago
Req Number 47773BR Job Title Data Scientist, CDHI Job Code and Payroll Title 6104 Computational and Data Science Research Specialist III Location Mission Bay Department Name Center for Digita...
Ph D Fellowship In Computational Biology Of The Human Microbiome, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen PhD Fellowship in computational biology of the human microbiome Positio...